Chapter 53

Maddie's POV:

I'm woken by someone screaming down my ear at top volume and jumping up and down on my bed.

 "Sissy wakey wakey" I open my eyes and she stops jumping and sits near my feet.

 "Happy birthday sissy"

I look around to see Colin stood at the bottom of my bed and mum no where to be found.

 "Thank you rosie. Where's mum?" Just as I ask mum walks in carrying a cake. 

"Rose I said to wait" she says seeing that I'm awake.

"You took too long mommy" mum shakes her head.

"Happy birthday baby" she says passing the cake to Colin and kissing me on the head. 

"Blow out the candle sissy" I sit up and blow out the candle and thank Colin and mum before lying back in bed. Colin leaves with the cake and mum lies beside me pulling me into her chest.

"What time is it?" I ask rose who is now lying on the floor in pure exhaustion from all of the jumping.

"Midnight" she says. I look up at mum who just smiles at me.

"It was rose's idea" I groan before closing my eyes again. 

"I'm going back to sleep. Wake me up when it's an appropriate time" mum kisses my head before whispering in my ear.

"Happy birthday baby girl" 

I wake up again to movement around my room and hushed voices. I open my eyes to rose and mum talking.

 "Rose give us a few minutes and we'll be downstairs okay?" Rose agrees with a huff before sprinting out of the room.

 "Its 7:30 baby, I think that's the most sleep rose will allow" I groan but sit up anyway. However mum pulls me back into her chest and kisses my head.

 "I want to give you your birthday cuddles before everyone gets here" she says playing with my hair. 

After pulling mum out of bed before rose comes and shouts at us for taking too long, we make our way downstairs.

 "Mum you didn't have to" I tell her seeing all of the presents. She ignores me and sits on the couch whilst rose pulls me onto the floor next to her.

Mum got me lots of clothes and two pairs of Jordan's. She also got me a new coat which is good because on my old one the zip broke and I was in need of a new one. 

Rose handed me a pink wrapped gift, saying that she chose and wrapped it herself.

After finally getting through the layers of wrapping I open it to a small box with a necklace in the shape of a love heart with 'sissy' on the back in a small font. I put it on straight away and hug rose thanking her. I know that I won't be taking this off now. She also got me a black widow Pandora charm to go on my bracelet. 

After unwrapping all of the gifts and thanking mum and colin. Colin leaves to go and help rose get ready.

Mum pulls me into a hug and I thank her again. She pulls a small box from under one of the pillows.

 "I wanted to give you this" I open it to a love heart ring.