Chapter 37

Scarlett's POV:

I don't know what happened the other day when I brought Maddie to set with me but whatever happened has completely changed things between me and her. It doesn't help that her aunts are leaving today. Leo left a few days ago because he had a soccer match and that was bad enough but I don't know what's going to happen when her aunts leave.

Right now we are all sat in the car driving to the airport. Maddie's been silent the whole morning, I think she's bracing herself for when the moment comes for her to say goodbye.

 "Baby we're here" I whisper to her. She's not paying any attention but nods anyway and gets out of the car.

Allie pulls Maddie into a hug, whispering words in her ear. Becca and Charlie then go next and by the end of it Maddie has tears in her eyes. My baby.

 "We will see you soon honey okay? Call us when you can and text us everyday" Maddie again just nods.

As soon as we get home, Maddie goes straight upstairs to her room. Rose runs up to me and pulls my arm.

 "Mommy! Look at my drawing" she then drags me into the dining room to show me her artwork that is set in the table.

 "Wow, honey that's amazing" I say not really taking notice. I need to go and check on my Maddie. Colin sees this and askes rose if she wanted to go for Ice cream.

 "Shall I get Maddie an ice cream?" He asks me when rose leaves to go and get her shoes on.

 "I'll go ask" he nods and tells me to text him her order.

 "Baby? Colin wants to know if you want any ice cream" Maddie's face is in a pillow but she shakes her head. I sit next to her and stroke her hair. She lifts her head up and looks at me with her big green eyes.

 "Can you come with me downstairs so I can make you something to eat?" She shakes her head before pulling her blanket up over her and closing her eyes. I leave her to get some rest.

Recently, she's been skipping school a lot more. She doesn't know that I am aware of her not going to classes because I haven't mentioned it. We've just been so good lately and we haven't argued and I don't want to ruin that but I know that I need to talk to her about it soon otherwise she'll carry on not going in.

I spend an hour watching some film, to be honest I have no idea what film. I wasn't really paying attention. I need to go and check on Maddie.

 "Hey baby" I say as I sit next to her. She's no longer got her head in the pillow but is instead lying on her side, facing me. She doesn't say anything but just stares at me.

 "Can I talk to you for a sec?" She slowly nods her head. Come on Scarlett, you can do this!

 "I have had a few phone calls from school recently about you not being in certain lessons. Your not in trouble, I just want to know why you haven't been going to them?" She sighs.

 "Don't like school" she says quietly.

 " I know baby, but you still need to go. If you need a day off for a break, you can just tell me. Its okay to take a break" she stares at me looking for the honesty in my eyes. She nods. 

I don't know what else to say. I hate that it's so awkward between us. 

 "Where's rose?" She asks in a raspy voice. God she sounds just like me!

 "She and Colin went to get ice cream. I came in here before to ask if you wanted any but I think you were too tired to answer" she again just nods.

 I lie down next to her, it's not comfy sitting the way i was.

She just stares at me watching my every movement. I stare back at her. 

My baby may act so grown up but right now she still looks like a little kid. It breaks me that I couldn't see her grow up, that I couldn't see her turn into the beautiful young woman she is. 

 "Why are you crying Scarlett?" She asks me wiping a tear of my face. Her calling me Scarlett makes me want to cry even more.

 "Don't worry about it baby" I tell her. She raises her eyebrows at me but doesn't say anything.

 "Is Colin buying the ice cream shop?" She jokes. She's right he has been a while.

"Probably, knowing him" she smirks at that.

We just lay there for the next few minutes in comfortable silence. She sighs loudly.

 "Can I ask you something?" I nod my head.

 "Where did you go? You know when I was a kid." Oh shit! Not now! Please not now.

 "I..uh.. I stayed in England for a few weeks before coming back here and staying with my mom" she nods her head slowly. I notice a tear fall from her eyes.

 "Baby I know you want to have this conversation now but can we wait a little please. I promise I will tell you soon just not now" I plead to her. She nods her head again before closing her eyes.

I will tell her just not now. I'm not ready and I don't think she fully is either.

______________________________________________

I DON'T LIKE THIS CHAPTER BUT I NEEDED TO POST SOMETHING.

SORRY FOR NOT POSTING. I'VE JUST BEEN REALLY BUSY WITH SCHOOL PLUS MENTAL HEALTH AND ALL THAT SHIT.

ANYWAYSSSSSSSSS....

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘