Chapter 50

(SO A LITTLE CHANGE OF PLAN, I'M GOING TO DO A BIG TIME SKIP BECAUSE I WANT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS TO BE OVER AND DONE WITH. SO IT'S GOING TO BE THE NEW YEAR AND LATE JANUARY. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE)

Maddie's POV :

Christmas and New years was actually fun with me being with mum and everyone. I did miss being with dad and my aunt's because we usually go to abuela's house and stay there for a bit. It still feels weird not living with my dad because normally at this time of year we'd be in England and I'd be seeing Leo and Lily everyday but instead I'm in America and living with my mum and sister.

Dad's been trying a lot more and he's been spending more time with me. It's nice but I'm still a bit wary on whether it'll last or not. It's not like he hasn't made empty promises to me before.

Schools started again last week and I surprisingly didn't skip any lessons. I know that it'll make mum happy, me going to school. She said that this year could be a new year for me, and that she wants me to try my best to go to school. 

I also met James's parents and sisters last weekend and they were so sweet and his sister's were adorable. 

 It's a Saturday and I don't have any plans so I was hoping to spend my day in bed. Even though I've had a good week my sleep hasn't been great. My nightmares are occurring more and it's getting harder for me to sleep through them. So I wanted to catch up on my sleep.

 "Maddie" my mum says opening my door. I groan and then turn my body around to face her.

 "Yes mother?" she smiles and sits beside my head playing with my hair.

 "What's your plans for today?" 

 "Sleep" I whisper and close my eyes. She lies down next to me and I open my eyes giving her a confused look.

 "What? I want to spend the day with you do if that means sleeping and staying in bed then so be it" I laugh and shake my head.

 "Your a strange woman" she playfully hits my arm.

 "Oh okay then I'll go" she jokes. I shake my head and pull her arm.

I move closer to her and lay my head on her shoulder. She wraps her arm around me and kisses my head.

 "I was joking silly" I say quietly.

"I know you get some sleep baby" I close my eyes and fall asleep almost straight away. 

I wake up from having finally getting some sleep without being interrupted by a nightmare.

My mum is on her phone texting the avengers group chat. I smile at a few of the messages which are just Robert making fun of Chris E.

 "Your godfathers being bullied" mum says laughing.

 "You don't seem to be doing much to help" 

 "I'm staying out of it" she says turning her phone off.

 "How'd you sleep?" 

 "Good, although you did keep on moving your arm" 

 "Sorry baby, but Lizzie kept on messaging me, she's coming over later she said that its boring at her house and that she wants to see you" I nod my head. Lizzie messages me everyday just to see how I'm doing and she picks me up every Tuesday from school. It's nice to be able to spend time with her and just rant to her if needed.

I snuggle into mum's shoulder. She kisses my head and puts her phone down. 

 "You know baby I'm very proud of you. You've been going to school more and spending time with us and I know that sometimes that can be hard so I'm very proud of you for trying" she tells me whilst playing with my hair.

 "Yeah well you said that this could be a new year for me so I'm taking it. Although it has been hard for me to stay in school, I really don't like that jail cell." she laughs at my little comment.

 "I know you don't. I received texts from you last week nearly everyday asking me if I could come and get you and saying that you didn't really need school in life and that you'd be okay without it" I shrug. It's the truth, I don't really need to now what y and x equal or what day of the year some old king died. No offense to the old king or anything.

 "Did miss Williamson talk to you?" I nod. She's my new 'helper teacher'. Basically all she does is take me out of lessons and ask me how I'm doing and how school and life is going. Sometimes it can be annoying because I don't really want to talk to some random teacher but then again it does mean I get out of class which is good.

 "She called me yesterday, she said that your doing well in class and that they're hoping to move you up a class." I groan. I can't move up because that'll mean I'll be in all classes with max and even though we get on a little, he can be quite annoying and I won't be in classes with Evan and Jess.

 "You don't want to move up?" I shake my head.

 "Jess and Evan are in my classes, I don't want to leave them"

 "I'm sure you'll be fine going a few hours a day without them" I shake my head.

 "Nope, I'll be all alone" I exaggerate.

 "I'm sure you'll be fine" I groan and just sigh before nodding.

 "Fine. But only because I'm too tired to argue with you Johansson" she laughs at my name for her.

 Oh and about the name situation. She still doesn't know that I changed my last name and I'm hoping that it stays that way. I don't want her to get offended and upset. I didn't know the reason as to why she left me when I got it changed and I only got it changed because I wanted to be able to not think about her and my name was making that hard. I practically had to beg dad to let me get it done and I'm pretty sure he only let me get it done because I was annoying him too much with my asking.

Me and mum's relationship is getting better and although sometimes I am hesitant to tell her something's, I'm getting better at opening up to her. 

however I am yet to have told her about the incident that occurred when I was 10. Allie, has been wanting me to tell her and has been trying to convince me to tell her. She says that it'll help our relationship 'grow' but I don't know how to even tell her. Telling her means that I have to go through it all again, and it's bad enough having nightmares about it. Also what would I even say?

 "Maddie? Maddie?" I'm interrupted out of my thought by my mum looking at me strangely.

 "You okay, you kind of switched off then?" I nod my head and hide my face in her shoulder. Sleep.

______________________________________________

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘