Chapter 49

Scarlett's POV:

It feels like we just took an gigantic step back. We were doing good, Maddie was talking to me, we was connecting. You know I thought that we were getting better but apparently we're not. 

She's been skipping school a lot more and spending most of her time in her room, only coming out for meals and even then I have to ask her multiple times otherwise she'd just ignore me.

I don't even know what's happened because we were fine a minute ago. We just keep on taking these massive step back.

Maddie's POV:

I don't know what's going on. Recently I've just been tired a lot more and not wanted to get out of bed. My mum's been trying to make me leave my room but I can't, it's the only place I actually can think in.

I know that me not leaving my room is worrying my mum but if I leave then she'll make me talk and I don't want to talk. I just want to sleep. I want to sleep all of this away.

I'm currently lying on my bed, not doing anything. It's a Saturday and I usually have plans but I can't be bothered to get ready so that's a no. I mean I haven't even left my bed and it's currently 1pm. 

The house is unusually quiet. Have they left? Am I home alone? Nah Scarlett would never leave me home alone, she doesn't trust me for that.

"Baby, do you want to come and get some food?" My mum says as she knocks on the door. Oh here she is. Great!

I slide my body further under the blanket and cover my face. Maybe she'll believe that asleep and leave me alone.

I feel my bed dip and the cover is pulled of my head. I open my eyes to my mum staring at me and giving me a small smile. 

 "Hey baby, you want to come and eat?" I shake my head and try to pull the blanket out of her hand. She keeps a right grip on it and doesn't let go. 

 "Maddie,honey, your worrying me, I barely see you anymore" I shake my head and pull at the blanket, she eventually let's go and I pull it back over my head. She leaves the room, shutting my door behind her.

I just need to sleep this all away, it'll be okay in the morning, everything will be okay in the morning.

Scarlett's POV:

I walk back downstairs feeling defeated. I really need to find out what's wrong with her. 

Lizzie is sat in my kitchen and when I walk in I shake my head at her telling her that it was a no go.

 "She still won't talk?" I shake my head and sigh pulling my head into my hands. 

 "Lizzie it's been 2 weeks and she still won't talk at least last week I got no's and yes's but now I get nothing" 

 "Scarlett it takes time remember a lot has happened to her in such a small space of time and she has been expected to just be okay with it. She's just a kid" 

 "I know Liz, I know and that what's worrying me then most what if she overthinks this all and ends up hating me and won't speak to me every again. I've already missed so much of her life, I can't miss anymore" Lizzie walks over to me and pulls me into a hug .

 "Why would she hate you? You haven't done anything wrong" I shake my head.

 "No, no Liz I should have fought harder, I should of went back, there's so many things that I should have done Lizzie" Lizzie shake her head at me and scoffs.

 "Scarlett Matthew ordered a custody battle against you, you didn't have a choice, that wasn't your fault" I sigh and rest my head on her shoulder.

 "Lizzie I've missed so much" I whisper.

 "And now's your time to repatch things, Maddie knows that you didn't have a choice leaving and that if you did you never would have. Scarlett she knows"

 I sigh and smile at lizzie. She right. She's always right. I just need to see what's wrong with my baby.

______________________________________________

HEHEHHEHE👀👀

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘