Chapter 55

Maddie's POV:

These past few weeks have been really fun. Not only had I been off school for one of them but I've been spending the whole time with my cousins, We've been spending almost every waking minute with each other. I've missed seeing them everyday, like we used to do in England. 

School has been okay. I mean I haven't been skipping it like I usually do and it's my last season of competitively dancing, so I've been training a lot as well.

Tomorrow is mother's day and me and rose went out shopping today for presents. Let's just say I'll never go shopping with rose again. She takes ages choosing and in the end doesn't even get the thing she took forever deciding on. We had to go to 5 different shops until me and Colin had enough and told her if she didn't choose something quick we'd leave without her.

We left mum at home with my aunts and Leo and Lily went with us but they left after the 3rd shop because they had already got there things. Tommy didn't go with us because he didn't want to leave without his mum, we tried to explain to him that Charlie couldn't go with us because then it'll have ruined the surprise but he wasn't having any of it, so we just left him at home. I just picked up some chocolates, card and necklace for him to give to his mum so Charlie would get something. Even though they all told us to not bother and that they didn't need anything.

It felt a little weird buying a mothers day gift because I haven't done that in a long time. I usually would just get my aunt's and abuela something and call it a day. I have still got them something, because even though I can now get Scarlett a gift, my aunt's have been with me through everything and I still want to show them how grateful I am plus they are basically my other mum's. 

I also got Lizzie a gift and grandma. We have like 10 bags in the back with how much we got.

 "Wow! did you buy the whole store?" Mum laughs when we walk into the kitchen with all of the bags.

 "with the way rose was going I'm surprised we didn't" I tell her sitting next to her.

 "No peeking" I tell Allie when she was trying to look in the bags. 

 "I was just admiring the bag" I laugh and shake my head at her.

 I stand up and take the bags to my room, putting all of rose's presents in one bag for her to wrap. She said that she wanted to do it herself so I'm letting her be. Mum can have fun trying to unwrap her presents with the amount of cellotape she uses.

After taking hours to wrap them all, I'm finally done. (30 minutes, but felt like hours). I go downstairs to greet mum. My aunts and cousins left before and Colin had gone to supervise rose wrapping.

 "Hi mama" I say, sitting down next to her on the sofa.

 "Hi baby" she wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me into her side. I watch the tv with her but don't really take notice. It's some crappy Rom-com film and there not really my cup of tea.

 "You have fun shopping?" I nod and tell her all about rose's antics and taking forever in the shops.

 Scarlett's POV :

Hearing Maddie talk about how the shopping went makes me feel more and more grateful that she's living with me.

I missed spending mothers day with her and I can't wait for tomorrow. 

Before rose was born, mothers day was one of the hardest days. It killed that a day where I was suppose to be spending time with my child, was just a day that turned into me giving my mum her gift and then going back to rot in bed. I tried to forgot about that when rose was born and I tried to enjoy the breakfast in bed and the presents that she gave me but truthfully it just made me think more and more of Maddie. I knew that she'd be happy and spending her time with her aunts and abuela but I just couldn't stop thinking that maybe I'd have Maddie AND rose waking me up to breakfast in bed, Maddie AND rose giving me presents and spending time with me.

Looking back at that time now makes me more and more grateful to have Maddie back with me. Although I wasn't with her growing up, I sure am not going to let that happen again. I'm going to be there through ever milestone; getting her first car, her eighteenth, her twenty-first. I sure am not going to miss out on seeing my baby grow up even more.

______________________________________________

THIS ONE WAS SHORT BUT I WANTED TO GET IT IN BEFORE MOTHERS DAY. I'LL TRY AND POST THE MOTHER'S DAY CHAPTER TOMORROW BUT IF I CAN'T IT'LL BE PUT OUT ON MONDAY.

ALSOOOOO ANGST SOON... MAYBE.... I DUNNO???

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘