Chapter 39

Scarlett's POV:

I was in my office finalising some work papers when rose stormed in telling me that Maddie was crying. I rushed into the living room and sat in front of her. She was having a panic attack. I tried to get her attention by stroking her cheek and blowing onto her face and it seemed to work after a few attempts. She looked scared that it was me who was helping her and wasn't responding to my talking. It took me a while to get her breathing back to normal but she was still crying.

I lifted her head up so that she was looking directly at me. Her eyes were all red and her face was pale. She started sobbing even more so I pulled her back into my arms. After a few more minutes of her crying, she stopped and just stayed in my arms.

 "Want to talk baby?" I ask her. She shakes her head. I want to help her, but I can't if she won't talk to me. I think that this all is catching up on her and that it's too much for her to handle. I know seeing me after so many years of me not being there is a lot and I'm going to try so hard to improve that and earn my baby's trust back.

Maddie pulls and sits further away from me. She stares at the wall in front of us.

"Maddie?" She ignores me and just continues to stare at the wall. She then stands up and leaves the room. 

Maddie's POV:

I shouldn't have done that. I can't do this. I need to stay as far away from Scarlett as I can if I don't want to get attached. 

I felt safe in Scarlett's arms and for once I felt that all my problems had gone away. That's the problem. I'm getting attached. 

Someone lies next to me. I know who this is.

 "I'm sorry" I say keeping my eyes on my ceiling.

 "Why are you sorry baby? You don't have to apologise" she says in her soft voice.

 "I don't know" I say quietly. We lay there in silence for a while. I'm glad she's not making me talk about what happened because I honestly don't know what I would say. Like what do you say? 'Hi mum, quick question, why did you leave me?' Like no.

 "I want you to know that you can talk to me Maddie" she says quietly. I nod my head unsure on what to say.

 "I don't want to push you baby. I want to go at your pace. I know that this is all new for you and it's new for me too. But I promise you, I'm not going anywhere. I know that you might not believe that right now but I'm going to try my very best to prove it to you" I turn to look at her to try and see if she's lying but she looks like she's telling the truth. 

I don't know maybe I can try? What's the worse that can happen? 

 "Okay" I tell her. I really want this to work out. I've missed her so much and even though I was so young when she left I still remembered her. It didn't help that she was the Scarlett Johansson and that the world knew about me being her daughter. It didn't help me forget about her when is so badly wanted too. 

Although I will never be able to say that I didn't have anybody because I was lucky enough to have my aunt's, cousins, Nanny and abuela but there was always a small hole. I had my aunt's as mother figures but they have their own kids and even though the love me the same, I know that sometimes it can be hard especially when I'm not even in the same country as them.I

My dad isn't really in my life that much or at least as much as he should be. He would often just travel for work and a lot of the time leave me with my nanny. I love my nanny Jo and will forever be grateful for her because not only did she look after me but she cared for me and often reminded my dad that he needed to come and see me.

Our relationship changed when I was 10. A lot happened and I guess we never got over it. My dad doesn't like talking about it so we don't unless we have too. It affected him just as much as it affected me but he doesn't like to show it so I try not to mention it. It's a touchy subject anyway.

After that happened, that's when I lost hope in Scarlett ever coming back into my life. Before then I used to just think that she would return. That when she promised me she would, she meant it. But after waiting and waiting and not getting any sign until I turned 13, I stopped dreaming.

That's I think why it's so hard for me now to trust Scarlett. I've been let down too many times by my dad and by her that I don't want to be let down again.

I want the relationship with Scarlett that rose and her have but I'm just scared. I've been let down too many times. I just hope that this time, if I give her a chance, it'll be different.

______________________________________________

A SMALL CHAPTER BEFORE THE NEW YEAR 😊

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘