Chapter 41

Maddie's POV: 

I wake up again in Scarlett's arms, she is fast asleep but I can see tear stains on her cheeks. What's happened? Why has she been crying? 

I move my head and try to sit up but she pulls me back onto her chest.

"Just a few more minutes Maddie. Please?" She says desperately. I lay back and relax. I don't know what's wrong with her but she's acting weirder than usual and sadder than usual.

 "Are you okay Scarlett" she nods her head and kisses my head.

 "Don't worry about me baby"

 "But I am because I can see that you've been crying, what's wrong?" I say lifting my head up to look at her. She gives me a sad smile and kisses my forehead .

 "I'm fine baby. Now I'm going to go and leave you to get ready. You have to go school today" she says getting up and leaving my room.

I quickly get ready and change. I want to go and make sure that Scarlett's okay.

I go into the kitchen to find her making rose breakfast and rose chatting away to her. Rose runs up to me and gives me a hug before chatting away to me about school. Scarlett avoids making eye contact with me and pretends to listen to rose's chatter. Oh I see where I get that from.

 She rushes us into the car and I am hesitant to leave it when we arrive at my school. I turn to her before I leave.

 "Are you going to be okay?" I ask her. She smiles and says she'll be fine, also telling me to get to school.

 I meet up with Evan and Jess and we go to English. During class I text Lizzie to ask her to keep an eye on Scarlett. She says she would and that she's glad that I'm giving her a chance. I smile at that 

 "What's got you so smiley?" Max asks me. 

 "I'm giving Scarlett a chance" I tell him. He smiles at me.

 "Hey does that mean you can introduce me to her. I never got to say hi" absolutely not. I know what he'll do when he meets her and that would be getting me in trouble. So no thank you.

 "Nah. She doesn't like assholes Maximus. Sorry." He hits my shoulder playfully.

 "Don't worry Madeline. I'll find another way to tell her some lovely stories." I glare at him before we're told to get on with our work.

The rest of the day goes smoothingly and I for once didn't get in trouble so that's a plus. I arrange to meet James later on after school. I want to check on Scarlett first.

I walk out of school with Evan, James and Max because Jess had to go home early for a doctor's appointment. I look for Scarlett's car and don't see it. Huh?

I hear my name being called and am welcomed by my godfather and Robert. I quickly run up to the car, shouting my goodbyes and get in before they can embarrass me.

 "Awww did Maddie not want us to say hello to her friends" Robert jokes.

 "They better not be your boyfriends. I want you to stay a kid forever" Chris says. I shake my head at him and tell him that they are just friends and that staying a kid forever isn't possible to which he glares at me for.

 "Where's Scarlett?" I ask them confused.

 "Well today is lizzie's day to pick you up but we decided to do it instead. They're all at set" oh yeah I forgot that it's Tuesday.

 "Milkshakes?" I nod excited. We stop at McDonald's and order them. Let's just say the workers were very surprised to see Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr at McDonald's just casually ordering fries and chocolate milkshakes.