Chapter 5

Maddie's POV:

I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept in days. I fell asleep last night around 4 am and now it was nearly 4 pm. My body was numb. I feel like shit. I can hear people talking and the tv playing but I couldn't bring myself to leave my room. I don't think I can talk to anyone physically or mentally. It's like my brain has just gone numb. My phone wouldn't stop buzzing and the noise was annoying, so I switched my phone off. The small ray of light that was coming from the curtains was too bright. I just want to go home!

Someone knocked on the door,but I couldn't say anything. The door opened and in came Lizzie and Scarlett, they each sat on my bed, Lizzie closer to me.

 "Baby, Allie's on the phone" Scarlett said putting her phone next to my head which was in a pillow.

 "Maddie, babe what are you doing?" Allie asked. I just groaned. I've been trying to avoid that woman.

 " Maddie. You've been in bed for two days. Maddie lets not get back into that phase again. " What? Two days. How? 

I slowly lifted my head up and looked at the phone. It was a FaceTime call so I knew she could see me and I probably looked like shit.

 "Oh maddie." She sighed looking at me.

 " wow! I look that bad huh? " I groaned.

 "Yes mads. But that's understandable. How about we get up and try and eat. I know that you won't want to but try for me yeah?" I groaned again. This woman knows that before me how?

"Maddie. you start school tomorrow. I don't want you to waste today in bed. I know that this week has been a lot. Stop avoiding us all and answer your phone." 

 "My phone has been off" I mumbled

 "Yeah yeah. Just call me or becca or charlie or anyone okay?" Allie asked. I nodded not caring whether she saw me or not. The phone call ended after Scarlett said a few words and hung up. I didn't pay attention to what she said or anything I was too exhausted.

Lizzie was messing with my hair and for some reason it was really calming, I think she understood that I didn't want to speak so wasn't forcing me to talk and wasn't talking at me. Scarlett had left the room a few minutes after ending the call.

 "Honey? How about we try and go downstairs and eat a bit of soup that scarlett's made?" I nodded and slowly stood up. Lizzie put her jacket over me and took my hand before leading us out of the room.

We entered the living room to rose and Scarlett.

 "Maddie!" rose shouted. OUCH! That hurt my head. I tried to say hello but I couldn't speak it was like someone had just muted me. Instead I nodded and smiled at her. She told me to sit next to her so I did as I was told. Scarlett put the plates of soup on the table.

 "try and eat what you can." She told me sitting down in the chair next to lizzie. I looked up at her and just stared before nodding.  The soup was disgusting. I don't know why but so was the water I drank to disguise the taste. 

 "You okay maddie?" Scarlett asked. I nodded and tried to eat another spoonful but I couldn't. My mouth tasted like sandpaper. 

 "I can't eat anymore." I said staring at the soup.

 " You sure? You only ate a bit. " Scarlett questioned. I nodded again. I just wanted to go and sleep. 

 "Can I go back to bed please Scarlett?" I said in a small voice that did not sound like me. she nodded and said goodnight.

Scarlett's POV:

She hadn't left her room all of yesterday and when I went to check on her she was wrapped up in a ball fast asleep. Allie had called asking about her and when I told her she asked me to take her too her. Lizzie came with me and Maddie was already awake at least that was what I thought because you couldn't really tell since her head was in a pillow. I'm glad Maddie came down with Lizzie after a bit, at least they are already starting to connect. I just wish she would try with me.

I could lie and say it didn't hurt when she called me 'Scarlett' but it did, like a ton of bricks. I didn't think I could hate my name as much as I do now. I get that I wasn't around but ouch! That hurt. She looked so exhausted, but from Allie's words Maddie seems to be used to it which isn't good for a 15 year old. 

After a few hours of watching movies. I put rose to bed and went to check on maddie. She wasn't in her room or bathroom, so I went downstairs and she wasn't there either. I checked the only place I thought she would be in and went to the dance studio room. And there she was leaping and turning. She was so into the dance that she didn't notice me stood at the door watching.

 "Shit! You scared me" she shouted looking over at me. I laughed and entered the room.

 "Your really good maddie. I can tell you get that from your abuela and not me or your dad" I said smilling, she nodded. Her abuela, Mathews mom, was a dancer when she was younger until she had her kids but she was a national championship winner and wanted her kids to be like her but none of them had an intrest in dance. When Maddie turned 5 she started dance class and abuela was so happy about that.

 "Abuela comes to my shows, I think she liked  that I didn't turn out like Allie and start karate instead" I lauged knowing that, that was something Allie would have 100% done.

 "Does your dad go to your shows?" I asked sitting on the floor next to her as she took off her ballet shoes.

 " not all of them. It depends on if he's in town of not. "

 "Is he not in town often?" 

 " yeah sometimes it just depends. But it's fine cause I have allie,becca and Charlie and my nannie jo so I prefer it. " I smiled not wanting to show that I was annoyed at her dad for that. He promised me that he would look after her and from what she's just told me and what I've been told over the years by Allie, he didn't do a very good job fulfilling that promise.

 "There you two are. I've been wondering where you were hiding." Lizzie said walking in the room.

 " oh no you've found us we were trying to hide from you" I joked. Maddie and Lizzie laughed.

 "Ha ha, your a comedian now come upstairs I don't want to be left alone" Lizzie said pulling me and Maddie up.

 "Baby" Maddie teased.

 "Uh I'll have you know maddie, your mother is the biggest baby there is. She once freaked because there was a small,little spider in her trailer. She got Robert to move it but he was too much of a wuss, so Florence had to do it." Lizzie said hands on her hips.

 " that was supposed to be a secret" I said nugging her shoulder. Maddie laughed and ran ahead of us, up the stairs.

 "Woah for someone who's been in bed for the last two days you seem to have a lot of energy" Lizzie said entering the living room.

 "Yeah, yeah Olsen. Put a film on I'm bored." Maddie said throwing the remote at her.

 Lizzie laughed and put tangled on. That woman could watch that film a million times and not get bored.

________________________________________________________________________________

THIS ONES REALLY SWEET. I WAS IN A GOOD MOOD WHICH IS STRANGE FOR ME ANYWAYSSS YOU MIGHT BE LUCKY AND GET 2 CHAPTERS TODAY??

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘