Chapter 52

Scarlett's POV:

Tomorrow is Maddie's 16 birthday and I want to make sure that it is the best birthday ever. Not only because it's her 16th but because she's spending it with me. I can't tell you how much I missed her and I want to make this birthday extra special. 

I missed 9 birthdays and I don't intend on missing anymore. whenever her birthday came up I would usually spend the day in bed, missing my little girl. I know that it was unhealthy but I didn't know what else I was suppose to do, I didn't want to ignore the day and pretend that it was any normal day. Sometimes I would text Allie asking for updates and if she was okay, Allie was always good for giving me little updates and letting me know what was new in my baby's life. When Maddie turned 13 I stopped texting as often as i did, it just broke me that Maddie didn't want to see me at all. I didn't know if it was fully her choice or if it was her dad's, I'm still not sure to this day but what I do know is that I am never going to miss another birthday if I can help it.

I have plans on having a small party. At first it was going to be a big thing but Maddie shut that down straight away. I've learnt that Maddie isn't really a people's person, she wasn't when she was a kid she would always hide behind me or get me to pick her up when she was meeting new people. Although it does confuse me a bit because she goes to party's with her friends but she said that at those party's she usually just stays outside where less people are.

I might have spoilt her a little but it's fine. I've got everything sorted for tomorrow, her presents are all wrapped and her cake is all made. The one thing I'm not looking forward to is her godparents gift because they won't tell me what it is and Lizzie and Chris combined is a nightmare. I'm hoping that it's nothing too drastic. 

My mom and sibling have spoilt Maddie too which I did tell them off for but my mom said that it's her money and she can spend it however she wants. 

I also know that her dad is spoiling her too. I think that it's mainly out of guilt. Every since we talked he's been getting better at working less and spending time with her, I know that he feels guilty about everything and even though part of me hates him for taking my little girl away from me, I'm glad that he's trying to make it better but I also know that you can't buy someone's forgiveness and that it takes time.

I'm currently helping rose wrap Maddie's present. Rose chose it and wants to wrap it herself. It's the cutest thing and I know that Maddie will love it.

Speaking of Maddie, she's in her room on the phone to Lily and Leo. She's not aloud in the living room because all of her presents are in there and she's nosy and wants to know what she's got. She's just like she was when she was younger, I used to have to hide them in different spots because she would always find them.

I'm hoping that Leo and Lily don't say too much on the phone because there at Maddie's dad's house with her aunts and Tommy, hiding until tomorrow. They flew over early this morning because I wanted them to be here plus her aunts were coming anyway. I also have been told that I need to be careful when Maddie, Lily and Leo are together because apparently they create mayhem. 

Maddie doesn't know about them coming. She does know about the party because I asked her if she wants to bring some of her friends. Jess, Evan, max and James are coming but there coming a bit later.

 "Rose, honey, I don't think she needs it to be wrapped a third time, I think twice is another" She ignores me and wraps it again.

I take the wrapped parcel of her before she goes for a fourth layer and place it on the pile with the others.

 "Okay Mrs, time for bed" she runs off and goes to Maddie's room.

 "Maddie, Maddie. Your 16 tomorrow" she sings jumping on her bed. Maddie laughs and grabs her tickling her. 

I just stand in the doorway watching them laughing together. Maddie must have come off the phone a while ago because she was lying in bed on her phone before rose started attacking her.

 "Come on Mrs let's leave the birthday girl to get some rest okay?" rose nods before kissing Maddie on the cheek and running into her room. How this girl has so much energy I don't know.

 "I'll be back in a minute" I tell Maddie before leaving to go and sort little miss energy ball out.

Maddie's POV:

I'm going to be 16 tomorrow. Time flies by to know.Okay now I sound like mum.

Rose is so excited she hasn't shut up about it this entire week. Everyday I would get a " it's nearly your birthday sissy" or "3 more day till your 16 sissy". It was sweet at first but then it got annoying when I would wake up to her shouting it down my ear.

Mom returns and lies down next to me pulling me into her chest. 

" I can't believe your going to be 16 baby" she says sighing and kissing my head. I look up at her and smile.

 "Please don't cry again, I just washed my hair" she pushes me playfully and sighs.

 "Your growing up on me. It's annoying"  I snuggle into her shoulder and she starts playing with my hair.

 "I assume you'll be staying here tonight" she nods and kisses my head.

 "Of course baby"

I close my eyes letting sleep take over me. 

I'm glad that I'm spending my birthday with mum and even though I didn't like it at first I'm also glad that I'm living with her too. It means I get cuddles and I've missed that.

______________________________________________

I FEEL LIKE BEING NICE! 

HEHEHHEHE I HAVE FUN PLANS WITH THIS BOOK 😏😉

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘