Chapter 30

Scarlett's POV:

These last few weeks have been so much better with Maddie. She seems a lot happier. 

Her dad is planning on flying in and visiting Maddie as a surprise and I just hope that, it doesn't change anything with Maddie. She's been more talkative with me and I'm so happy about that, yes she may not be opening up but it's a start. 

Although I have been noticing that she's training a lot and going out for runs really early in the morning. 

Right now it's Friday night and Maddie is downstairs training and I'm sat with her aunts whilst rose and Leo are eating strawberries. We had just ate dinner and Matthew was supposed to be arriving after dinner.

We hear a knock on the door and Leo went to get it. He walks in with Mathew close behind, ending a phone call.

 "Hi. Where's Maddie?" I tell him where she is and he goes to find her.

 "This is going to be fun!" Allie mumbles. 

Maddie's POV:

I have been working on this stupid choreography for two hours and it still not working, this worst part of that is that this choreography is for an 8 year old. This is the dance that I'm teaching rose and I'm trying to fix it but I can't even get the fucking basics of the dance.

I fell out of my turn for the fifth time. I give up. 

 "Your were nearly there Maddie" I turn around to see my dad smiling at the door. Instead of greeting him, I turn the music off and grab my stuff.

 "Maddie, come on don't ignore me" I glare at him.

 "Why haven't you been answering my calls" I say walking up the stairs.

 "Works been busy Maddie" I don't say anything. Works always busy.

 "Maddie?" I ignore him again. If he can ignore me then so can I. 

I walk into the kitchen, getting a drink. Allie gives me a sympathetic look and I ignore that too.

 "How's school?" My dad ask me. I ignore him and just pour water into my water bottle.

 " Maddie your dad asked you a question " Charlie annoyingly said.

 "Schools, school" I say quietly. He nods and smiles at me. Ugh.

 "And dance"

 "Okay" I say ending the conversion and going to my room. As if I'm staying down there with him. 

He does this all the time leaves and then just shows up expecting me to just be here waiting. I mean yes I am waiting most of the time but I just hate that he can waltz back into my life whenever he wants.

AUNTY ALLIE🦁: stop hiding in you room.

MADDIE 😇: no

AUNTY ALLIE🦁: yes. Come on sweetheart. Please.

MADDIE 😇: ughhhh fine but if he starts pissing me off I'm going back up.

AUNTY ALLIE 🦁: okay.

I grab my head phones and sit in the living room with everyone, well apart from Leo, rose and Colin because they went to get some shopping. 

Becca took one of my earphones out and I glared at her.

 "Keep one in, I want you to hear us if we talk to you" she whispers in my ear. I roll my eyes and she playfully hits me on the shoulder.

 "Matthew how's work?" Allie asks him.

 "Not great, I'm having to fly to Sydney in three weeks to sort out something and then go back to Spain to finish this stupid project" he says sighing.