Chapter 20

Maddie's POV :

I wake up with Scarlett's arms me wrapped around me. I somehow managed to get out of her grip and walk downstairs to the backyard.

 "Hey Maddie" Charlie says through the phone.

 "Hi charlie" I say quietly.

 "How you doing?" she asks.

 "I'm ok. Getting used to living here"

 "Yeah, yeah and how is it?"

 "Rose is a cute kid and colin's nice"

 "And Scarlett?"

 "What about her?"

 "what's she like? "

 "Someone who no matter how hard I try, I still can't fucking hate" 

 "On Maddie" she says sighing .

 "I don't know how I'm going to do this aunt charlie" I say quietly.

 "Do what honey?

"Live here. With her" 

 "I know Maddie. And I'm going to try my very best to get time off work and come and visit you" she says trying to comfort me.

 "I just want to go home charlie. I don't want to do this." I say tears forming.

 "I know sweetie. I know. And I swear to you I will be there soon" I nod at that. I trust Charlie, it hard for me to trust people but I trust my aunt's, they've never let me down and have been there for me every time I needed them.

 "I had a nightmare last night" I say.

 "Same dream?" I make a noise of agreement .

 "Scarlett woke me up" 

 "Oh and then what"

 "She stayed with me that night. I knew that if I didn't have anyone with me I'd do something stupid again" I say.

 "I'm taking that the sleeping pills aren't working" I nod.

 "There shit and make me feel worse than I usually feel" I say.

 "I have to go now sweetie. I'll call you tomorrow okay? Text me if you need me. I love you." I say goodbye back and end the call.

I stay outside thinking about everything that has happened. How the fuck did i end up in this mess?

I feel someone lift me up. I know immediately who it is and just snuggle my head into their neck.

 "Come on weirdo let's get you inside before you freeze to death" Lizzie says opening the kitchen door. I see Scarlett and Colin staring at us but I don't move my head. Lizzie moves us to the couch. I stay, curled up in a ball in her lad with my head on her shoulder.

 "Hey baby. I've called your school saying your sick again okay? So try and get some rest" Scarlett says sitting next to us. I don't say anything or make any movement of agreement. I'm too tired to care.

Becca says that I have something called selective mutism. So whenever I'm in a situation I don't feel comfortable in or whenever I'm too tired I don't talk. It's something that I've had since I was little and it's something I don't get as much as I used to But ever since I've moved in with Scarlett I've been getting it more.

Scarlett leaves the room saying shes getting rose ready and Colin left for work a few minutes ago.

 "How you feeling?" Lizzie asks. I shrug my shoulders.

 "You don't want to talk?" she asks. I nod. 

 "Okay honey. That's okay"

________________________________________________________________________________

THIS ONES REALLY SHORT SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT IT'S NEARLY 3AM WHERE I'M AT AND I'M TIRED.

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘