Chapter 32

Scarlett's POV:

Maddie sat next to me and James sat beside rose, per her request.

Her dad and James made small talk whilst me and Maddie just talked to her aunts.

 "So Maddie. when's your next competition?" Matthew asks her.

 "Next Saturday" she says. I stare at her. She didn't tell me that. I will definitely be going.

 "I'll see if I can make it" Maddie nods at her dad.

 "Mommy, can I go and watch Maddie instead of going to daddy's house?" Rose asks me.

 " you'll have to ask your dad rosebud " she nods her head excitedly. Knowing her dad he'll probably say yes.

James leaves an hour later saying he needs to go and watch his sisters. 

We all sit in the living room talking. 

 There's a knock on the door and I go to get it. I open the door to a brunette boy smiling at me.

 "Hi is Maddie here?" I nod and tell him to wait whilst I get her. She follows me to the door and I leave giving them space .

 Maddie's POV :

 "Yes Max? What do you want?" I say greeting the boy.

 "for you to come to my party" I shake my head. I can't be bothered.

 "I'm busy max sorry"

 "Please. Look you don't have to socialize with anyone, you can just get drunk" 

 "Why do you want me to go?"

 " because I don't want to go alone and deal with everyone " 

 "Fine I'll go. Just give me a minute." I leave him at the door and go back to the living room.

 "Scarlett"she looks up at me." Can I go out? " she gives me a look as if to tell me to explain more.

 " I want to go to Max's house to do.. Ummm homework" I lie. She raises her eyebrows at me.

 "You doing homework" dad laughs. Wow! He's so funny.

 "Yes dad homework. It's this annoying thing that school gives you" he rolls his eyes. Scarlett nods telling me I can go.

 "Max I will tell you now. You are not getting me drunk" I tell him as he drives us to his place. He laughs and shakes his head.

 "Fine whatever just dont leave me" 

We get to the party and let's just say it looked like a mess. People were making out, taking shots, screaming and shouting.

 "Good thing your parents aren't in town" I shout to max over the music.

 "As if they'd care anyway" he shouts back. I make my way over to the kitchen ignoring everyone and getting my self a bottle of water.

I then go and sit in the only room which is empty. Luckily that being the bathroom, so no one would probably come and find me.

I sit on my phone on the floor watching tiktoks. Until I hear a knock at the door.

 "Hello! Whoever's in there could you let me in please. It's an emergency" I open the door to Chloe. She walks in and sits on the floor, telling me to lock the door. I sit beside her.

 "what happened to you?" I ask. She laughs and shaking her head.

 "This guy keeps on asking me to do shots with him and to marry him. Pretty sure he's drunk" 

 "Aww bless him. He's just been rejected go and say yes" she nudges my shoulder.

 "As if. I told him like 20 times that I was into girls and he just kept on saying that he was too"I laugh at that.

"He sound like a right gentleman" i say sarcastically.

 "Yep! The man of my dreams" 

We both just sit there making jokes and telling each other about gossip at school. Chloe is actually pretty funny. 

We left together and she walked me halfway to my house.

 "I'll see you on Monday" she says leaving. I carry on walking back to Scarlett's.

My dad's car was no longer on the driveway which must mean he's gone home. 

I join Scarlett and Colin in the living room. My aunts must have gone with my dad.

 "How was max's house?" Scarlett asks me.

 "Fine" I answer. She nods before leaving the room. I know I'm being a bit harsh on her, but I don't know what else to do. I'm trying my best at sticking it out here but I don't know how much longer I can take. 

I'm starting to like it here and that isn't a good thing. I'm enjoying waking up to rose. I'm even enjoying the frozen car rides a little. But I know that this will be gone soon and I won't be living here anymore. I need to realise that when Scarlett left 9 year ago, it was for the best and that I shouldn't get attached to her again. But I can't lie and say that I don't miss it. That I don't miss her. She's something that I always can't get rid off, she's always been in the back of my brain. What would my life had been like if she's stayed? I mean if she stayed maybe what happened wouldn't have happened. 

So no I can't lie and say I haven't missed her but I can say that I am never going to make myself that vulnerable again. I'm never going to let her just walk into my life again to just leave.

______________________________________________

WE'RE GETTING CLOSER TO THE ANGNST PART!!

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘