Chapter 12

Maddie's POV:

As soon as we got back from Scarlett's mum's house, I went straight to my room and texted James.

Maddie 😊: you busy?

James 🏈: no why?

Maddie 😊: fancy going on walk?

James 🏈: okay sure. I'll meet you at your gate in ten.

Maddie 😊: okay thx.

I put my jacket on and put my packet of cigarettes in the pocket.

 I walked into the kitchen and found Colin.

 "Can I go for a walk?" I asked.

 " yeah of course, just don't be out late and keep your phone on" he said smiling at me.

I nodded and left. James was waiting at the gate with a skateboard in hand.

 "I am not riding on that thing" I said laughing.

 "I can teach you if you like?" He said walking beside me.

 " Maybe"

We walked to an empty parking lot, 20 minutes away from Scarlett's.

 "Wanna talk or just enjoy the quiet" James asked me when we sat down.

 "Quiet" I whispered. He nodded and we sat there for a few minutes.

 "I met Scarlett's family today" I said randomly.

 "And how was it?"

 " I dunno. I mean I've met them before, but that was years ago" I ranted.

 "Can I ask you something?" James said looking at me

 " Sure! "

 "How come you call her Scarlett if she's your mom?"

 I stayed quiet for a minute.

 "I don't really know. I haven't referred to her as my mum since I was 12. She doesn't know me and I don't really know her apart from the odd thing on the internet." I said honestly.

 " what is that like? You know having famous parents? " he asked.

 "Its alright. I mean paparazzi can be a pain in the ass but it's not that bad apart from dad being at work most of the time" I said.

 "I googled your name" he said.

 "What?" I said laughing

 " yeah, a few pictures came up like you with your dad and all that and then a few articles came up" 

 "Yeah they're fun. Especially the ones asking 'why Maddie is no longer seen in public with her mum" I say sarcastically.

He laughes.

 "So you gonna teach me How to ride that thing then" I said pointing at the skateboard. He smiled and stood up pulling me with him.

 "Okay first step in it" I did what he said. "Okay now I'm gonna hold your hands and pull you" he pulled me and the skateboard started to move forward. "Okay now I'm gonna let go and you have to move it by your self like you would do with a scooter" he let go and I did what he said before I stopped and nearly went flying. 

 "Yeah I think I'm going to stick with dance" I said laughing. James chased after his skateboard, laughing and saying that, that was probably for the best.

I say down on the floor and pulled my cigarettes out and lit one.

 "You want one?" I asked taking a drag.