Chapter 46

Maddie's POV:

There is no way in hell that I am going to talk to my dad. I just need to find a way out. I could always sneak out? Not right now because I am currently lying on the couch with Lizzie and my mum. I just need to wait for the movie to end.

~

As soon as the first credit comes on screen, I tell mum that I'm going to go to my room because I need to go and grab something. I feel bad about lying to her but I really can't talk to my dad. 

I still haven't processed everything that Scarlett has told me yet and I still haven't decided how I want to approach the situation. What do I even say to my dad. 'Hi dad, I know that you kept my mum away from me when I needed her the most, thanks!' Like what do I say?

I grab my headphones, phone and jacket before tiptoeing downstairs and quietly opening the door. I quickly run down to the gate and open it. 

I head to the park and just sit on the swings, listening to my music and trying to think of what to do. I should tell me aunts.

I call Charlie because she's who I need to talk to now.

"Hey Maddie, what's up?" I take a deep breath before replying.

"I know, I know about dad and Scarlett" I hear her sigh on her end.

"Are you angry at us for not telling you?"

"No I get why you didn't tell me. It wasn't your place."

"Have you talked to your dad?" 

"No, Charlie I don't even know what to say. I don't know what to do. He lied to me and kept my mum away from me. Charlie you know how much I needed her and he knew this but stopped her from seeing me."

 "I know Maddie, I do and I am so sorry but I think that you should try and hear what he has to say"

 "I can't Charlie. I don't even want to see him. He lied to me, Charlie. He kept her from me for 7 years" 

 "I know Maddie, I know honey"

 "I don't even know what to say to Scarlett. There's so much she doesn't know"

 "I know Maddie. I also know that you don't have to tell her Maddie because it's your choice, your the one that went through it, it's your choice. If your not ready then your not ready okay?"

 " Okay" I say quietly. She tells me to try and talk to me before I say goodbye and hang up.

I don't do anything for the next 30 minutes apart from overthink what I say to Scarlett or if I even tell her.

I decide to try and talk to my dad. I should at LEAST see what he has to say.

Shit!! His car is already in the drive. Shit!

I walk back into the house and Scarlett meets me at the door.

 "Where the hell did you go?" She asks me angrily. 

 "I needed some air"

 "We have a garden"

 "I needed to think okay!" She nods giving me a smile. 

 "Its okay. Just tell me first, I don't want to have to call a search party on you" she jokes trying to get me to smile. I don't and just stare at my feet.

 "Your dad's in the living room and Lizzie has gone out for food" I nod and follow her slowly into the living room.

He's sat in the sofa tapping his feet anxiously. Another thing I inherited from him, anxious tapping.