Chapter 34

Maddie's POV:

This week I've just been staying with my aunts, not really acknowledging Scarlett but today I kinda of have to.

I have my dance competition today and whilst I'm excited I'm also really nervous. It's my first competition that Scarlett is going to be there for and it's also my first competition in a while that my dad's been here for.

I'm right now I'm in the dressing room getting ready. Scarlett is in the audience with rose and everyone else. James had sent me a good luck text this morning before I had to leave so that's making me a bit less nervous.

 "Lets do this team" Michelle says gathering us.

We all go backstage and soon our dance is called. Slowly we make our way onto the stage getting into position.

As soon as the music stops and we walk of stage, I feel all the nerves come back to me, when I was onstage they had gone. 

I make my way back to the dressing room and before I can I see rose run up to me, she jumps into my arms.

 "You did amazing Maddie, you looked so pretty" she squeals as I pick her up.

 "Thanks kid" Scarlett meets us a minute later, hugging me and congratulating me. 

 "Where's dad?" I ask her. 

 "He had to go but he said you looked amazing and did a great job" I nod and give her a small smile. Of course he left, why am I not surprised.

My aunts come and met me before I had to go back up on stage for awards. They congratulate me and walk me backstage.

 "Good luck baby" Scarlett tells me before I meet up with the rest of my team.

We won 1st place and whilst I'm obviously happy, I wish my dad was here. 

The thing about my dad is that no matter how many times he hurts me, no matter how many hours I spend crying because I miss him, I'll always run back to him, every time. Whilst he can be a shitty dad, even though he leaves me again and again, I still love him. He can be a good dad and he is a good dad when he wants to but I don't think he wants to anymore.

Scarlett drives me and rose back. My aunts go in a separate car with lizzie, who gave me the biggest hug ever when we won. 

Colin ordered take out and Scarlett let us all sit in the living room to eat, watching films. 

I sat next to Leo and we just kept on laughing out heads off over the stupidest things

Scarlett's POV:

Maddie was so good on stage. She really connected to the music and she won with it too. 

Seeing her and Leo laughing makes me so happy. Even though these last few weeks have been tough on her I am so glad that she's able to just be a little kid.

Her dad had texted me an hour ago to tell me that he's having to go back to Spain to sort something out. I saw Maddie's face when I told her that her dad had to leave before the awards and it broke me. I know matthew and I know that this is what he does but I would of thought he might of changed for Maddie but clearly not.

I was pulled into the kitchen by Maddie's aunts.

 "We've got an idea" Allie tells me. I nod telling her to explain.

 "Monday Maddie's off school because of some exams or something and rose isn't here tomorrow" I nod. I know. What's she getting at?

 "So we was thinking why don't you have some sort of mother and daughter day with Maddie."

 "Really? As if Maddie will allow that. She can't even stand being in the same room with me on her own" I say.

 "Well we'll force her. This can give you the time to talk to her" Allie says. Nope! I know what she's doing.

 "No Allie. I've told you before I'm not telling her" Allie goes to say something but I stop her.

 "Don't! I've made up my mind, just accept it." 

 "But she has the right to know. We've kept it from her long enough" I shake my head at her.

 "Look, I get why you don't want to tell her but what about you and Maddie. I know that your trying not to ruin her and her dad's relationship but what about her and you. She's nearly sixteen, it's been long enough" Becca says. 

 "Not now. I will, just not now" I say quietly. They don't say anything but each nod. They then leave and head to the living room.

I know that there just trying to protect Maddie and I get that. Maddie is just as much there kid than mine and I will always be grateful for what they do for her and there right I think having a day with Maddie will do us some good but I don't know if she'll do that. I know that I should tell her but I can't but I also know that the longer I keep it from her the more harder it will be.

______________________________________________

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘