Chapter 10

Scarlett's POV:

We made it to my mother's house. Colin got rose out of the car whilst I got Maddie out. She was just staring at the back of the passenger seat with her headphones in. I opened the door and took her headphones out, she flinched at the contact and stared at me with her green eyes.

 "Baby, were here" I whispered to her holding my hand out for her and to my surprise she actually  took it. Okay she just be really nervous about this dinner. She got out the car and was still holding my hand. On the driveway was 3 cars which means my mother has made a big deal about this dinner and invited my sibling.

We met Colin and rose at the door, I didn't bother knocking and just opened the door. To which my mother heard and practically ran to meet us.

 "You could of knocked Scarlett" she said smilling at us.

 "Why? I used to live here" I said smirking at my mother. She shook her head and laughed before looking at Maddie who was looking around the walls. The walls had pictures of me and my siblings and then our children, Maddie's baby pictures were on there too and I think she noticed that.

 "And you must be Maddie" my mom said smiling at her, Maddie looked up and smiled back.

 My mom went and gave her a hug whispering something in her ear. She smiled at that.

 "Sorry kid, I'm a hugger" she said whilst hugging rose and colin.

 "You don't give me a hug every time I see you" I mumbled.

 "That's because your a big girl now scarlett" I heard a voice say before meeting us.

 "Auntie Vanessa" Rose squealed giving her a hug. Hunter,my twin, walks out behind her.

 "Wow Scarlett, Maddie looks just like you" he said shocked.

 "Just with a nose piecing" Vanessa says. I can feel Maddie's hand tighten around mine.

 "Oh shit! Yeah, I'm Hunter and this is Vanessa" Hunter said smilling at maddie.

 "Uncle Hunter just said a bad word" Rose sings. We all laugh and make our way to the dining room, Maddie not leaving my side.

 "Rose how's dance?" Vanessa asks as we eat.

 " good, and maddie said that she would teach me one of her dances" rose says excitedly.

 "You still dance?" My mom asks. Maddie nods.

 "Competitive?" Hunter asks.

 "Yeah!" Maddie says.

 " how long have you been doing it for now? "My mom asks.

" 11 years, but I did take a year break from competitions" Maddie says.

 "How come?" My mom asks. I can see Maddie stiffen up a bit.

 " Oh dad wanted me to take little bit of a break and I was hesitant to go back so I left it to the last minute" I could tell she was lying about something but I don't think anyone else noticed.

 "Why didn't you want to go back" Colin asks softly. I don't think Maddie was liking all of this questioning.

 "I had took a while off from competitions and I needed to do more training to be back to the standard I was at before I took the break" she says before taking a sip from her drink.

I think my mom could tell that she didn't want to be asked anymore questions so she changed the subject. I squeezed Maddie's hand, as she was sitting next to me.

 "Your doing amazing baby. I know this is a lot all at once" I whispered to her. She nodded and smiled a little at me.

We moved to the living room after we ate and just chatted. Maddie left to go to the bathroom 10 minutes ago, so I went to check on her. She was stood outside of a door on her phone but as soon as she saw me she put it in her pocket.

 "What's in there?" She asked me as I stood next to her. I opened the door.

 "Go in if you want" I said to her smilling. She was a bit hesitant but went in and looked around.

 "You not gonna come in?" she said as I was still stood at the door. I walked in.

This was Maddie's old bedroom for when we would visit my mom. I hadn't been in here since I left Maddie and England, it had too many memories of her and I couldn't do it, so this was the first time I had been in this room for 9 years. My mom never got rid of anything because she knew although I wouldn't go in here it was too precious to me to get rid of.

 "What is this place?" Maddie asked looking around at the purple bunk beds. They were purple because Maddie couldn't stand the colour pink and they were bunk beds because I used to sleep here too and maddie used to say she was too old for me to sleep in bed with her although I would always remember a little visitor at 2 am cuddle up next to me.

 "This is your old room" I said.

 "You never got rid of it?" She asked looking at me.

 " I couldnt. It was your room no one was aloud in here apart from my mom and me" I said smiling at her green eyes.

 "Why?"

 " cause it was your room" I said.

 "Now come on let's go downstairs" I said wanting to leave this room. Even though Maddie was with me now I didnt know how long she will be with me for and I also don't want her asking me lots of questions.

We walked back downstairs and met my mother.

 "Come on, we want to see some of your picture and videos" my mom said dragging us into the living room.

 "What pictures?" I asked.

 " Maddie's "

Maddie looked confused and so was I. The only pictures and videos I had of Maddie was from when she was 1-6 I didn't have anymore apart from the odd one Becca or Allie used to send me.

 "I got your aunt's to send me some" my mom said smiling at Maddie who looked like she would rather be anywhere but here. Hunter had connected moms phone to the tv for her.

________________________________________________________________________________

THE PHOTOS WILL BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘