Chapter 29

Allie's POV:

When you watch a child grow up, you learn what there good at and what there not so good at. With Maddie it's opening up. Watching Maddie grow up, you begin to realise that she doesn't communicate very well. She gets that from not just one parent but both.

I've known Scarlett since before maddie was born and she is an amazing person. After Maddie was born, Scarlett would worry a lot about her and whether her work life was taking over her personal life. Her career was taking off and she was becoming a very well known person. Scarlett would stress over Maddie a lot, it didn't help that Maddie was a very adventurous kid too.

Matthew on the other hand is the opposite. I know my brother and I know that he is always worried about Maddie but the problem with him is that he keeps all of those worries and anxieties to himself. He doesn't show Maddie that he cares. We all know he cares for her, he constantly asks us for updates on her and how she's doing when he's working. Matthew's problem also is that he works too much. He's a workaholic, never stops and due to his work it means he has to travel a lot for meetings, often taking Maddie with him. He gives Maddie the option to stay with one of us or go with him but because Maddie loves her dad and wants to spend more time with him she says yes. But this means most of the time she barely sees him and is often left on her own devices.

She's a good kid and I love her with all my heart but I hate that she feels like she can't talk to me. She's getting better at it but there still that hesitation. 

Ever since she was 10, things just went downhill for her. Her relationship with her dad, her behaviour, her mental health, everything. I think that her mum not being there for her didn't help that either. She doesn't like to admit it but I know that she misses her mum and I know that there's still some love for her mum in her heart, she just likes to ignore it.

Maddie doesn't agree or listen to me when I tell her to try and give Scarlett a chance. She's used to being let down by her dad and she's used to empty promises and she's scared for that to happen with her mum.

I sat on her bed next to her, Leo and Charlie  had left the room wanting to go and watch sponge bob with rose and talk with Scarlett.

 "How are you feeling?" I ask her. She gives me a sad. smile.

 "I'm okay. Glad that your here" she says placing her head on my shoulder. 

 "What's happening with you and your mum?"

 " what do you mean? "

 "You guys talking or are you just planning on ignoring her the whole time your staying here?"

 " ignoring her" she mumbles. I lift her head up and make her look at me. Her eyes are red and tears are falling down her face. She's finally breaking.

 "I think you already know what I'm going to say" she nods her head.

 "Well I'm going to say it anyway. Please Maddie I know that it's hard and I know that your scared but please give her a chance" she shakes her head.

 " I can't Allie. I don't want to get hurt. She doesn't know me" she sobs. I hold her as she sobs into my shoulder.

 "Sweetheart, she can only get to know you if you talk to her. And I know your scared of getting hurt and if you do. which you won't. I'm going to be right here okay?" I feel her nod into my shoulder. 

I move into a more comfortable position. Maddie lies down next to me, resting her head again on my shoulder. I go to talk more to her but I hear her breathing even out. She sleeping. I decide to let her sleep, she doesn't sleep very well and most of the time not a lot so she needs this more than anything.

Charlie and becca come and join us a little while later. Sitting beside us on the bed.

 "she okay?" Charlie asks pointing her head at Maddie.

 "Its all building up on her" I say moving her hair out of her face. 

 "Matthew should have told her that she was coming to stay here" becca says. I nod. Maddie doesn't like surprises.

Maddie looks so fragile and exhausted. I know this kid and this isn't right. A lot of the time Matthew seems to forget that Maddie is still a kid even though she has gone through things that no kid should have too and due to that she's matured, at the end of the day she's still a kid and this stress isn't good for her.

______________________________________________

THIS CHAPTERS A BIT SHORT. BUT YOU GET TO KNOW A BIT MORE ABOUT MADDIE. ALSO I KNOW THAT THERE HASN'T BEEN MUCH OF SCARLETT AND MADDIE CONTENT BUT I WANT TO MAKE IT SEEM MORE REALISTIC. AND I PROMISE ITS COMING UP.

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘