Chapter 10

After the dream, Talia had came to the conclusion that she needed to avoid Ragnar. Perhaps not be in her room alone with him anymore. She didn't need to have erotic dreams of a man that wasn't hers. She couldn't even imagine if he ever found out about her having erotic dreams of having sex and being the mate of the royal Beta. How embarrassing.

She supposed some girls would fantasize about it. Ragnar was an incredibly good looking man, and most she-wolves would kill to be with him. She couldn't even begin to explore how amazing the sex had been or how safe she'd felt with him. It was just a dream after all. Nothing more. Everything was perfect in a dream. Well, almost everything.

She felt guilty about the dream, even though she couldn't control it, but if being around the man made her have erotic dreams about him, she'd avoid him for now. She hadn't even buried James yet. Her heart ached in agony over his loss and the fact that she was cheating on him, even if it was just in her dreams.

She'd skipped breakfast again. She didn't have the energy to go down and socialize with the pack. Charlotte had invited her, but Talia had declined. The former Luna had taken Matthew with her and Talia had decided she needed a shower.

The bedroom has a private en suite bathroom with a large shower and she'd spent more time in there than she should have. The hot water had felt good, soothing her and washing off how dirty she felt from the dream. From cheating on James.

'We can't cheat on James anymore,' Lila reminded her quietly. 'Besides, it was just a dream.'

Talia didn't answer. Instead she scrubbed her body again, turning her skin pink. Once she was out, Charlotte came in, bringing Matthew with her.

"Feel better?" Charlotte asked her.

No, not really. Talia nodded mechanically.

"I'm going to go next door and check on Jenna," Charlotte said.

"Will she be okay?" Talia asked her. She'd forgotten that today was the day.

"Yes. It'll be an adjustment but she'll be fine," Charlotte reassured her.

Talia watched her go and sighed. She hoped Charlotte was right, but she reminded herself that Charlotte had already gone through it and she would know. The last thing she wanted was for something to happen to Jenna

She sat down on the edge of the bed, and her thoughts drifted back to her dream. It was still so vivid in her mind. She whimpered and laid back on the bed. "I'm sorry, James," she whispered.

She still couldn't believe that she'd dreamed that Ragnar was her mate. It wasn't even remotely possible. But she couldn't help but go back over that dream in her mind, whether she wanted to or not.

When Charlotte returned, she came straight to Talia's room. "Jenna is already starting to change. She kept making comments about a scent when I was there," she laughed. "Come on. We need to find you something to wear."

Talia nodded and stood. She was contemplating telling them she didn't want to go.

'Alpha said he would order us to go,' Lila reminded her. 'I think it will be good for both of us.'

Talia sighed, but she knew Lila was right. She followed Charlotte back to her bedroom and into the walk-in closet. Charlotte had been lending Talia clothes while she stayed with them, but this was the first time she'd actually been inside of her closet. She looked around, noticing the ball gowns and stepped over towards them.

Charlotte looked over to the dresses and smiled. "Some of those are so old."

"They're beautiful," she said quietly, afraid to even touch them. She turned back to Charlotte. "I can't imagine what kind of life you've lived."