Chapter 33

Ragnar leaned back in his seat and breathed out a long breath, before pulling out his phone. He looked at the time and sighed. He'd managed to sleep maybe a whole half hour. He opened his phone and sent a text to Talia, telling her he was on the plane.

She called him a moment later. "Did you even sleep? I know you slept some because you fell asleep while we were on the phone."

He smiled. "Did I? I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, but what happened?" She asked, her voice soft.

"Alpha Robert showed up, and I had to go wound his pride. I know he brought several warriors with him and I didn't want to risk him attacking Lone Star, so I decided to go ahead and leave," Ragnar said, stifiling another yawn.

"Hmmm. How did he figure out she was there that quickly?" Talia asked him.

"I got a story from Alpha Trent, but I'm too tired to really think it through," Ragnar murmured.

"How long is the flight?" Talia asked.

Ragnar was quiet for a moment. She had such a nice voice.

"Are you sleeping?"

He chuckled. "No. Three hours."

"Well get some sleep then. I will not expect you at breakfast. Did you tell Daniel?" She asked.

"He doesn't know I'm on my way back now, or about Robert." He needed to call him.

"You want me to give him a heads up?"

"I would really appreciate it. Let him know we're due to land around midnight," he said.

"Okay. Sleep in tomorrow. Link me when you wake up," Talia told him.

"Okay. I'll see you in the morning," He ended the call and glanced at Cora who had her eyes closed, though he could tell she wasn't asleep.

Ragnar leaned back himself, and closed his eyes.

***

Talia stared at the ceiling for a moment, debating whether to call Daniel or just mind link him. She finally settled for a phone call, and was glad she did as there was no answer.

She rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling for several long moments. She'd been on edge all day, worried about her mate. She couldn't help it. Her mate. She smiled.

A few moments later her phone began to vibrate and she picked it up. "Alpha?"

"What's up Talia? Is something wrong?"

"No, I just talked to Ragnar and he's flying back right now," she said.

"I thought he was sleeping for a bit first?"

"Alpha Robert showed up. I didn't get much info from him because he's really tired, but he wanted me to give you the heads up. He said he should be in around midnight," Talia rubbed at her eyes. She was half tempted to stay up and see him when he came in. Even though he'd only been gone for one day, she missed him terribly.

She heard Daniel sigh. "Okay. I feel like Alpha Robert is going to be a problem."

"Ragnar said he wounded his pride," Talia told him.

He chuckled. "Thanks for letting me know, Talia."

"No problem. Good night." She hung up the phone and sat it on the night stand. She wanted to stay up and see him but she knew he was going to be so tired he'd probably want to go straight to bed. Though if it wasn't for Matthew, she might consider it anyway. She closed her eyes, thinking about the dream she'd had last night and swallowed. She was glad she'd at least cleared the air between them. Hopefully tonight she'd have better dreams.