Chapter 60

Cora hurried up the stairs of the cells after Beta Aaron and out into the fresh morning air. She followed him across the yard and spotted Daniel and Jenna, Caleb and Charlotte, along with a man she didn't recognize, and to her excitement, Elijah!

She ran across the yard and threw herself in his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist as he caught her, and peppered his face with kisses. "You're okay! You're okay!"

Elijah hugged her tightly. "I'm okay. Are you?"

"Yes, I'm fine," she told him, kissing him again. "I was so worried about you."

Cora finally became aware that everyone was staring at her, and lowered herself to the ground sheepishly. But Elijah's smile helped her to relax. She turned to Daniel.

"Where's Ragnar?" Daniel asked her.

"He's down in the cells," Cora told him.

"Why's he in the cells?" Jenna asked.

"He's keeping an eye on Robert, Austin and Jasper," Cora told them.

"Did he lock them up?" Elijah asked her.

"No, I did," Cora admitted.

She watched a smile cross Daniel's face. He looked at Aaron. "You know what your pack is being charged with?"

Aaron shifted uncomfortably. "Not everyone in this pack was aware of the trafficking, and none of us were aware of Jasper's stupidity."

"They're to remain locked up for now. I'd like to see my Beta and then I'd like to visit Robert's office," Daniel announced.

Beta Aaron nodded and hurried to go let Ragnar know that the Alpha King was requesting his presence.

Cora turned back to Elijah and hugged him tightly again. She noticed the man who she didn't recognize standing close by, watching them.

Elijah glanced at him and smiled. "Cora, this is my brother, Nick. Nick, my mate, Cora."

"Pleasure, Cora." He smiled at her.

"Nice to meet you." He looked like Elijah, but his hair was lighter and his eyes were green.

"I'm going to head up to Robert's office. See you two later." Nick clasped Elijah's shoulder, then headed into the pack house.

Cora watched him go, then turned back to her mate. "I need to go do something."

"I'm not letting you out of my sight," Elijah told her.

She smiled and took his hand, then led him to her parents house. "This is where I grew up."

Elijah frowned at the house but followed her inside. Cora hurried up the stairs and found her parents still in her room, Elijah right behind her.

"Cora! It's been an hour," her father said.

"I'm glad you're okay," Jackie hugged her tightly. "What's going on?" They both seemed to notice Elijah then and bowed their heads to him.

"Robert and his sons are locked up, and the King is here," Cora told them and saw them visibly relax. She turned to Elijah. "Robert commanded my parents for the last three years and that's why they have been trying to persuade me to mate Jasper."

John spoke up. "When we returned from Regal Eclipse and told him Cora was mated to a member of the Royal Pack, he finally dropped the command. We never wanted her mated to Jasper. We saw how badly he was treating Jess."

"Jess is stuck up in his room. Jasper commanded her to stay there," she told Elijah.

Elijah frowned. "We'll get Jasper to drop the command. Having the King override it would be painful for her and it sounds like she's suffered enough. You two, I'd like you both to come with us back to see the King, and tell him your story."