Chapter 48

What just happened? Cora linked Ragnar.

Bill was commanded not to tell anyone who he was working for. Daniel's wolf Rafe overrode that command, which was extremely painful for Bill, probably more so than you mutilating him. Rafe and Daniel are both furious. They'll be back. Ragnar told her. He turned back to Lone Star. "Let's head back to the pack house."

"Should we wait for the king?" asked Trent.

"No he'll find his own way back," Ragnar told him. He knew both Daniel and Rafe had lost control, something Ragnar hadn't seen happen in a very long time. Not that he could blame them. He was pretty angry too over what Bill had done to Cora. He knew that was what had set Daniel off. He also knew Elijah was going to be furious. He couldn't remember the last time he'd felt Daniel's full aura like that. He'd been just as furious over Jason, but Jenna had been there to keep him calm, and he'd remained in control.

They all loaded back up onto the SUVs and headed back to Lone Star's territory. Charlotte had an arm wrapped around Cora, who rested against her, while Charlotte looked out the window, watching for her son. Caleb sat on her other side, holding her hand.

Ragnar sat up front in the passenger seat while one of Trent's warriors drove. Cora had dressed and returned his shirt. He pulled his phone back out, needing some normalcy after the evening they'd had.

Just what Brianna has taught me, and I'm honestly not very good. I think she's exasperated with my lack of cooking skills. She was responding to his question about her cooking.

Ragnar laughed to himself.

So how many pups do you want to have?

He stared at her question for several moments. He knew she wanted to have pups with him, though she wanted to wait until Matthew was older, but they'd never discussed a number. He smirked. At least ten, maybe fifteen?

Her response was almost immediate. I was thinking more like twenty.

Honestly, I haven't really thought about it. You have one, I have one. I want at least one or two more. I want to see you pregnant with my pup. I want to see you glowing.

How do you make that sound so romantic? I honestly felt like a beached whale when I was pregnant with Matthew.

He chuckled. I'm sure you were beautiful.

What's your favorite color of lingerie?

Well this just got interesting. Well, I really liked you in the white the other night. It glowed under the moonlight and highlighted your gorgeous body. And I really liked you in the black earlier. There's something about black lace. I've been thinking about it on and off all day. I haven't seen you in anything else, but if you have other colors, you can model them for me, and I will give you my opinion.

I have about every color you can think of, she replied after a few moments.

You'll have to prove it to me. He needed to get home to her. He wanted to see her so badly. He glanced at the driver. "How far out are we?"

"About fifteen minutes, Beta."

Ragnar?

Yes, Alpha?

Text the pilot and tell him to get ready to head home. I need to get back to my mate, Daniel told him.

On it. Ragnar quickly texted the pilot, happy that they were going home. Another text came through from Talia.