Chapter 42

Talia rolled over in her bed and laid there staring at the ceiling, listening for Matthew. She could hear him chattering to himself and she smiled.

"Good morning."

She jumped and looked up to see Ragnar sitting in her rocker, Matthew in his arms.

"Good morning. Did he wake you?" she asked, looking him over. He was dressed now, which was disappointing but still looked quite sexy. There was something about him holding her son..

"Yeah. We got up and he got changed and a bottle and then we played for a bit before coming back in here to see if you were awake. Though honestly, I think he's getting tired again." He rocked Matthew slowly.

"How long have you been up?" Talia glanced at the time and saw that they still had an hour until breakfast.

"Almost three hours," Ragnar said quietly.

"Oh yeah, he's done," Talia said with a smile. She got up out of the bed and walked into the bathroom, quickly brushing her hair, and her teeth. She walked back out a moment later to see Ragnar putting Matthew back in his crib.
Is he out?

He looked at her and nodded. She patted the bed next to her and he crawled back in, pulling her to him. "Good morning," he whispered against her lips.

"Good morning. Thank you for taking care of him this morning." She kissed him slowly.

Ragnar stroked her back, enjoying the kiss, as memories from the night before flooded his mind. She'd really surprised him.

"What's on the agenda for today?" Talia asked softly after the kiss ended.

"Trent is supposed to send me photos of the rogues that were killed, so I've gotta check on that after breakfast. Then we'll have to decide if we're going to fly back to Texas today. It's gotta be soon before any evidence we missed disappears." He didn't want to leave her again. He'd been hers for less than three days and he'd been gone almost half of it. All the patience he had developed throughout his long life was rapidly deteriorating. "You?"

"I work tonight."

"Are you planning to stay with your job?" Ragnar asked her.

"I didn't have plans to quit. I have some money but it'll disappear quickly if I don't supplement it. I have a phone bill, and a storage unit I have to pay for." She was enjoying him rubbing her back. It felt really good.

"I'm not going to stop you from working, however, what I have is yours and I have more money than I could spend in a lifetime. I would love for you to travel with me, and of course Matthew too, but like I said, it's up to you Talia." He brushed her hair back from her face.

"I'll think about it. Is there, like Beta responsibilities that you need help with?" She asked him.

"Sometimes. We have it pretty well streamlined. Mostly I just visit other packs," he told her.

"I wouldn't mind traveling," she admitted.

"What about you moving in?" Ragnar asked her.

"I don't have a ton of stuff here, but I have a storage unit in New York. I don't want everything in there, but some of Matthew's furniture is in there and could be useful," she said.

"So we need to go to New York."

She sighed. "Yes."

"We could just replace it if you'd rather," Ragnar watched her eyes glow.

"I want to say yes, but I'd rather go and get it over with." She sighed again.

"There's storage units here at the pack. I've thought about getting one but never really had a reason to before. But now, if we have any more pups, we'll need the room." He smiled and watched her blush.