Chapter 20

Ragnar wrapped his hands around Talia's thighs as he thrust up into her. She moaned, her head thrown back in ecstasy. She looked so beautiful and he couldn't get enough of her. A knock broke his concentration and he groaned. They were outside in their usual spot in the meadow. How was someone knocking?

He ignored the knock, as Talia reached her peak and collapsed on top of him. He pulled her close, kissing her forehead. The knock sounded again and he growled with annoyance as the dream came to an end.

Ragnar rolled over and rubbed at his eyes. The knock sounded a third time and he groaned, ready to kill whoever was at the door. He scented the air. Shelby. Ragnar sighed. As much as he wanted to open the door and rip out her pretty little throat, he needed to play nice.

'We're not humping her,' Rollo growled. He'd been enjoying the dream as well.

'You really think I would?' Ragnar asked him.

'No, but she does. Let's get this over with so we can get back to mate.' Rollo wasn't happy that Talia had gone on a date either.

'Agreed.' Ragnar slipped out of bed, debating for a moment about slipping on his sweats, then decided to just answer the door in his boxers. Rollo rolled his eyes.

Shelby's eyes almost popped out of her head when he opened the door. Her gaze traveled over him slowly, taking in his muscled chest, washboard abs, down to his V and stopping at his boxers. He cleared his throat, and her gaze snapped back up to his as her cheeks turned bright red. He smirked at her.

She cleared her throat. "Sorry to wake you. Can you be ready in a half hour?" Her eyes trailed back down to his chest again.

"I can. Breakfast?"

She looked back up at him and frowned. "It'll be ready then. After breakfast, we will go for a ride." Her gaze dropped down to his boxers.

"Alright. I'll see you at breakfast, Miss Shelby." He took a step back from the door.

"Beta, would you like any help getting ready?" Shelby flashed him a smile.

He smiled back at her. "Half hour isn't very long. I think I've got it."

She fanned herself with her hand. "See you at breakfast, Beta." Shelby bowed her head and turned away.

Ragnar shut the door and rolled his eyes. The woman was nothing if not persistent. But he'd use that to his advantage.

He headed into the bathroom and flipped the shower on hot before slipping his boxers off and stepping inside. His thoughts drifted back to Talia and he sighed, as his dream invaded his mind again.

It wasn't the first time he'd had the dream. He'd been having them since he'd detected her scent in Texas, but she'd always been faceless until he'd finally met her a few months ago. The dreams left him wanting her so badly.

He needed to send her a text at some point this morning. He'd spoken to Daniel the night before regarding Talia's date, and Daniel planned to ask her to join the pack tomorrow. Ragnar was glad. He'd finally know if she was actually going to join or if she declined, hopefully the bond would break. He hoped she would join. He had already fallen hard for her.

Once he was finished, he slipped on jeans and a T-shirt, then headed down to the dining hall. Shelby was waiting for him outside of the hall, and she slipped her arm through his, leading him in and to the pack leadership table.

"I'm so glad to have you here, Beta. Today is going to be so much fun," she said, seating him next to her.

"I'm sure it will be." A plate was placed in front of him and he picked up his fork.