Chapter 24

The warmth of the day carried over into the night and Talia had decided to forgo a sweater and leave her arms bare. She walked along between Charlotte and Caleb, Matthew in her arms, to the clearing where the ceremony would take place.

Torches lit the path in the dark, but she still watched where she stepped. The pack was already gathered, waiting for her arrival. She hadn't seen Daniel or Ragnar the entire day, as they'd been busy preparing for it.

The path opened up to a large clearing with the pack gathered in a big circle. Daniel and Jenna, along with Ragnar and Elijah were in the middle. The crowd parted and Talia walked into the center followed by Caleb and Charlotte.

Mitch, Jenna's father stood in the crowd holding Noelle. He'd moved into the pack house a month ago and been inducted right after, though he was still human. Charity and Tyler stood with him.

Talia met Ragnar's gaze but he didn't smile at her. His eyes flashed as he looked at her and she swallowed as she felt Lila wake in her mind. 'Are we doing the right thing?'

'Yes. This is our destiny, to be in this pack,' Lila confirmed.

'How do you know?'

Lila rolled her eyes. 'How are you talking to a wolf in your head? I just know things.'

'Do you know who our second chance is?'

Lila didn't reply.

"Talia Sanders, are you ready?" Daniel asked, smiling at her, and interrupting her from pushing Lila to answer her question.

"I am," she said, stopping in front of him. She had renounced ties with her own pack earlier with Caleb. He'd told her that Daniel had already arranged everything with her old Alpha.

"You have been given a great privilege by being allowed to join Regal Eclipse, the royal pack. Do not take this privilege lightly." Daniel stepped forward and held out his hand.

Talia placed hers in his and he sliced her palm and did the same with his own. They clutched palms and Talia felt a warmth run through her as everything clicked into place. She bowed her head to Daniel and Jenna.

Daniel pricked his own finger, then carefully pricked Matthew's, causing a little whimper from the pup. He pressed his own finger against Matthew's and the pup immediately looked up at him in wonder. Daniel smiled down at him.

"Regal Eclipse, welcome your newest members! Talia Sanders and Matthew, welcome home!" Daniel said amidst cheers from the pack.

Talia found herself being hugged by both Daniel and Jenna as the most delicious scent hit her. She caught her breath in shock. Her second chance mate was here in the crowd. Part of her wanted to run and not face whoever it was, but another part of her was excited and nervous.

Had she met whoever it was before? Was it someone she knew?

She turned her head, scanning the crowd until her gaze settled on Ragnar. He was staring back at her, though he hadn't moved. Her world tilted as Lila confirmed it for her

'Mate.'

Him? Of all the people in the world, he was her mate? He still hadn't moved though. He hadn't broken eye contact with her either and she realized he had already known. She lost sight of him as she was overwhelmed by her new pack members coming to congratulate her and distract her momentarily from the fact that the man she'd been dreaming about was in fact her destiny.

***

Ragnar had been nervous all day, something he wasn't accustomed to. He had helped set up for Talia's induction ceremony knowing this could be the moment that could break him. He'd already fallen in love with her.