Chapter 54

Talia waited with bated breath the next morning for Elijah and Cora to come down to breakfast. Ragnar seemed calm but then again he always seemed calm.

They were planning to have breakfast and then get her stuff moved over into Ragnar's apartment today. She couldn't wait. Hopefully tonight they would finally complete the mating process. After last night, she felt pretty confident that she'd be able to get through it without having a mental breakdown or anything equally as lust killing.

'Get through it.' Lila snorted at her thoughts. 'You and I both know we're going to enjoy every second of it.'

'It was good, wasn't it,' Talia smiled.

'Yes,' Lila agreed.

She didn't say what they were both thinking. Sex with James had never been that intense. She could imagine how mind blowing it could truly be.

What's going on in that pretty little head of yours? Ragnar suddenly linked her.

Just thinking about yesterday, she responded, a blush touching her cheeks.

Are you still okay with it today?

She looked at him and smiled. "Yes." I enjoyed every second. I can't wait until we complete the mate bond.

He smiled at her. Perhaps tonight.

I'd like that.

Last night was .. I hope you're not judging me off of my lack of performance.

She looked at him in surprise. Did he really think that? I wasn't. You gave me what I asked for, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I'm not judging.

When we complete the mating bond, it'll be better, he promised, his intense gaze on her.

You gave me two very intense orgasms yesterday. If those are just precursor of what's to come ... She stopped when she saw Elijah and Cora walk in.

Elijah looked relaxed as he brought Cora over to the buffet line and wrapped his arms around her. Talia's gaze followed them along. Once they got their food, they came over and sat down at the table.

"Morning," Ragnar greeted them.

"Good morning," they both replied and began to eat.

Talia looked over at Daniel's table and saw him watching them. She wondered if he was still angry about everything though she highly doubted it. Jenna would have helped with that.

"Cora and I are going to take the boat out this afternoon on the lake. Would you all like to come?" Elijah asked surprising Talia. Apparently he was over it too.

Ragnar glanced at her and she gave him a nod. "Yeah we'll come. What time?" You're not wearing that hot pink bikini out there.

Why not?

Because I may have to kill some people then, and it might ruin the mood.

"After lunch?" Elijah asked.

"Sounds good." Ragnar nodded at him.

That seemed to break the ice and the two men chatted over nothing important through the rest of breakfast. Talia talked some with Cora and found out Elijah was taking her shopping this morning for a few things. Cora seemed happy and relaxed.

Astrid joined them and offered to take Matthew again for the afternoon.

"Are you sure?" Talia asked her. "You had him all day yesterday."