Chapter 53

It wasn't what Ragnar had envisioned for their first time together, but their entire relationship so far had been unconventional. He understood why she wanted to do it this way, and he wasn't about to turn her down. Especially after everything that had happened today. Perhaps it would keep him from popping off like a teenager when they finally did complete the mating bond. His mind was like a runaway train.

'Pups,' Rollo reminded him.

'What?'

'She doesn't want pups,' Rollo rolled his eyes at Ragnar, but he was excited as well.

"Are you on birth control?" He knew she didn't want to have a pup again so soon.

She nodded and bit her lip.

"If it gets to be too much, tell me to stop." His first inclination was to just take her right then and there, but he could see that she wasn't ready, and he needed her to relax so that she enjoyed it.

'What am I doing ?' Talia asked Lila

'Panicking,' Lila supplied.

'Im freaked out. What if I feel like I'm cheating on James? What if it sucks? What if I can't get through it? I don't want to hurt him, Lila. I can't hurt him. I .. maybe this is a bad idea.'

'Talia! You're so far in your own head, you're pushing me out. Relax. It's just sex. You're not completing the mating bond. We're not marking him. It's Ragnar. Our best friend. He's just going to give you a bit of pleasure like he did earlier. Stop thinking and just enjoy it. I know I'm going to. Breath in his scent and relax,' Lila said forcefully.

Ragnar pulled her against his chest, and  gently rubbed her back. He felt her bury her face in his neck and she breathed deeply, taking in his scent. He could feel his own canines pushing at his gums in anticipation, and he forced his thoughts elsewhere and not on what he was about to do.

It took her several moments to calm down, which concerned him a bit and he wondered if she'd be able to get through this. 'If you sense the slightest hesitation in her at all, tell me,' he told Rollo. He could feel his wolf's concern for her.

'She enjoyed earlier. I think she's just very nervous,' Rollo told him.

He'd had a lot more time earlier to build the anticipation too, and he'd done that on purpose. He had a feeling that now, Talia was too far into her own head, worried that something would go wrong.

Once he thought she was relaxed enough, he pulled her back from him and kissed her. He kept it gentle, waiting to see how she would react, but soon she was running her tongue across his lips, wanting to deepen the kiss. He let her take the lead, and stroked his way up her back.

He pulled the strings loose on her top and pulled it from between them. He went back to rubbing her back, knowing she would probably need to get back to the point she was at before all the nerves had kicked in, but he could tell she was getting there with how aggressively she was kissing him.

She finally pulled back, and stared at him. He could see the desire in her eyes as she chewed on her swollen lips. There was no hesitation there anymore, and he was fairly certain she was ready.

He kissed her again, exploring her mouth with his tongue, as he slowly explored her breasts with his hands. She sighed softly into his mouth, and he brought his hand down and untied the side of her bikini bottoms. He managed to get the other side as well, before pulling them loose.

Having her naked in his arms was a dream come true, literally. He wanted to take the time to explore her with his mouth, but he reminded himself that she had asked for a quickie, and the hot tub was not ideal for that. He'd drowned twice in his life and both times were still very vivid in his mind. Once had been by choice. He'd wanted to see what it was like to drown. The other time, it hadn't been by choice, and hadn't been pleasant at all.