Chapter 41

"Would you like to shower in my apartment before you go back?" Ragnar asked her as they neared the pack house.

"I don't have anything to change into," Talia said.

"I've got clothes," Ragnar offered.

"Okay. That would be nice." Talia followed him up the stairs to his back deck. "When you come back from Texas, I want to get in your hot tub."

"Are you going to wear that bikini you wore the other day?" She'd looked so stunning in it, he hadn't been able to take his eyes off of her.

"Did you like it?" She smiled.

"I had to think about anything and everything else besides you," He admitted.

"You kissed me."

He nodded. "I wasn't going to. I wanted to wait until you knew, but some days that wasn't easy."

Talia followed him up the steps to his apartment. "Like when you come back from Mexico? Were you..?"

"Aware of how aroused you were? Yes." He led her inside, flipping on the lamp on his nightstand, then disappearing into the closet. He reappeared a few moments later with a T-shirt and sweats for her.

"Thank you," Talia took them from him. "Can you unzip me?"

"Of course." He stepped forward, and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her against him.

She tilted her head up, and he grabbed her hair, pulling it to the side before running his hands down her back to the top of her dress.

Talia's eyes closed and her lips parted. Ragnar stared down at her as he lowered her zipper and lowered his lips to hers. He brushed against her bare skin inside of her dress, carefully paying attention to her body language. If she showed any signs of hesitancy, he'd back off.

Instead, she dropped his clothes and wrapped her arms around his neck, trailing her fingers through his hair as she kissed him back.

He let his hand slide down her back to the top of her thong, brushing against it, his other hand holding her tightly against him, as he devoured her lips. He couldn't get enough of her.

She finally broke off the kiss. "I need to shower," she said softly as he continued kissing her ear, and down her neck. He nipped gently at her marking spot and she moaned. "Ragnar.. I can't do this right now."

He immediately stopped. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's not that. I just need to get back and.. you have me so aroused right now I can't think straight." Talia took a small step back from him. She'd been so close to just letting him mate and mark her right then and there, but she really didn't have time. She knew he was just as turned on as she was. She turned around and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

Talia stood there for a moment, trying to calm down. She looked around his bathroom. It was just like Caleb and Charlotte's, or at least the same layout. She flipped on the shower and began to take off her clothes.

Once she was naked, she slipped into the shower. The water felt wonderful and she sighed.

'We should move in,' Lila said.

'Are we ready for that?' Talia asked her as she looked around at the various bottles lining his shelf. She picked one up and grabbed his loofah.

'I think we're more than ready. If our pup was here sleeping, we would mate him and mark him tonight,' Lila said practically.

She wasn't wrong. 'I'm just worried about how it'll be when we finally do have sex.' Talia admitted.

'We won't know that until it happens.'