Chapter 59

"Oh Coooorrrraaaa, my little naughty mate. Where are you?"

Cora's head snapped up at Jasper's voice downstairs.

"Cora, stay up here and let me go talk to him," John said, turning towards the door.

"No," Cora grabbed his arm. "I need the both of you to stay here. I don't want Jasper to try to Alpha Command you."

She saw the sorrowful look pass over their faces and sighed. "I love you both, but don't forget I'm the Royal Gamma Female. I'll be fine."

She didn't miss the looks of pride that passed over her father's and mother's faces. These two were the parents she remembered before Jasper had ruined her life by claiming she was his mate. That ended today.

"Cora! Get down here now! I'm already going to punish you for running away from me twice. Don't add to it," Jasper called.

Cora scoffed as she closed her bedroom door behind her, shutting her parents in. She peeked down the stairs and saw Jasper waiting for her, his arms crossed over his chest.

Cora threw back her shoulders and walked calmly down the steps.

"There you are. How did you get out of those silver cuffs? Come on, I'm going to take you home so I can properly punish you for running away from me twice. Then, I'm going to mate and mark you," he stepped forward to grab her.

Cora stepped back from him. "I'm not going anywhere with you Jasper. You're not my mate, and you never will be."

He brought up his hand to slap her and she grabbed it. "DON'T touch me. Don't ever touch me. What makes you think you can manipulate people the way you do? I'm not your mate. I never was. And you couldn't tell until I turned eighteen. You lied to the entire pack."

"You don't know what you're talking about. You're just a little girl that I'm going to punish for running away from me, and I'm really going to punish you for letting some other man touch you. You're mine, Cora," He said, grabbing her.

Cora tried to dodge him, but he pulled her to him. "No Jasper. I will never be yours. I belong to Elijah."

"The guy you were with on the boat? He's dead, Cora, along with that she-wolf that tried to kill Brian and Dad says the one I brought back is dead too." He laughed. "That's why I cut your mark off." He pushed her hair back from the spot and frowned. "What the..?"

"Yeah, that didn't work out too well, did it?" Cora smirked at him.

He raised his fist to hit her, and she grabbed it and brought her knee up between his legs, making him scream as he let go of her and backed off, his hands between his legs. "You bitch!"

Cora was done. She threw her aura at him. "DON'T EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN!"

Jasper dropped to the floor under the weight of her aura, whimpering. Cora reached down and grabbed his hair, lifting his head. "Who did you bring here?"

He whimpered again.

"TELL ME!" She roared.

"The guy who was in Texas," he cried.

The smell of urine hit Cora's nose and she shook her head. "Some Alpha you are. Get up! You're taking me to him."

"He's dead," Jasper bragged.

"He's not dead. Take me to him," Cora shouted at him.

"He's dead, Cora. My dad had the doctor check him," Jasper said, slowly standing.

"Take me to him!" she shouted at him.

"You can't do this, Cora. We're in charge here, not you," Jasper told her.