Chapter 40

Ragnar ended the call and rubbed at his eyes. He was glad he'd taken that short nap with Talia. It had definitely helped. He linked her now. Is the meeting still going on?

No, we're up at Charlotte's, came her immediate response.

His office door opened and Daniel walked in. "So?"

"Alpha Trent is sending over photos of all of the rogues, along with any information they found. He said he's been so involved with tracking down the children's families, he hasn't even had time to speak with their coroner. He told me he'd have all the information to me by morning," Ragnar told him.

Daniel nodded. "We're throwing together a pack induction ceremony for Cora tonight."

"I think that's a good idea. She'll be safer that way," Ragnar agreed.

"I also think we might need to go back out to Texas and take another look over that place. You, Dad and I," Daniel told him.

Ragnar nodded. "Not a bad idea. We have a better idea of what to look for than I did before. I was more focused on why Lone Star hadn't found any humans than anything else. I know they're worth more than the drugs and guns," Ragnar said in disgust.

"I'm just glad you found them," Daniel told them.

"Do you think this whole thing with Cora is over?" Ragnar asked, wanting to see what Daniel was thinking.

"No. I expect to hear from them as soon as Cora officially cuts ties with the pack," Daniel said.

"Glad we're on the same page about that. Are the women helping Cora get ready?' Ragnar stood and stretched.

"Yup, and I'm about to head outside and help where needed," Daniel said, opening the door.

"I'll follow you out," Ragnar said. There would be plenty to do.

***

The ceremony turned out to be just as good as the others Regal Eclipse had performed that year. Everyone in the pack had been aware that the Gamma had found his mate, and were more than happy to work together to create a beautiful setting to welcome their new Gamma Female.

Daniel stood out in the circle next to Jenna and looked her over. She looked beautiful tonight in a green and white sundress, her hair swept up into a bun, baring her neck and his mark. He wanted to strip her out of that dress and bury himself deep inside of her.

She glanced at him. Stop with the dirty thoughts. We're supposed to be serious.

I'm serious about what I want to do to you when this is over, Daniel linked her back.

Like what?

I want to pull you out of that dress, and kiss every inch of you. I especially want to taste your..

Here they come

Daniel broke off the link with Jenna and focused on Cora as she walked towards him. She had on a pink sundress that he recognized as Jenna's. The girl needed some clothes of her own. Perhaps they should make a trip to Colorado and get her things. He had a feeling there was more than just clothes that she would want.

Cora stopped in front of him and bowed her head. "Alpha." She turned to Jenna and bowed her head again. "Luna."

"You ready?" Daniel asked her.

"I am."

"Okay, go ahead and renounce your pack now," he told her.

"I, Cora Jacobs renounce the Vail Pack of Colorado as my pack and cut all ties with them." She said solemnly. She felt the loss immediately, and the sorrow that came with it, but took a deep breath and looked at Daniel.