Chapter 23

The day of the induction ceremony was the warmest of the year so far. Talia had asked Jenna to go shopping with her so she could find a dress to wear. They had gone into the city, and spent the day at the mall.

It had felt good to get out and shop together. Talia hadn't been since she left New York City, and shopping with Jenna brought back old memories from when they were roommates.

She bought a beautiful blue and white maxi dress with matching sandals to wear. Then she dragged Jenna over to look at the lingerie. "Does Daniel like this stuff?"

Jenna blushed. "Yes, he does."

"Good. You should get something, and then visualize him ripping it off you," Talia suggested.

"Talia!" Jenna was bright red.

"Why are you blushing?" Talia asked her. "You're the one getting action right now, not me."

"Because.." Jenna muttered.

"Because he'll feel how horny you are?" Talia smirked at her.

Jenna just shook her head. "And then he'll punish me later for teasing him."

"Punish you, huh? That sounds kinky," Talia laughed. "What does he do? Spank you?"

"No, he'll get me all worked up and then leave me hanging," Jenna muttered.

"Oh that's so wrong," Talia shuddered.

"Tell me about it," Jenna groaned.

"Ragnar kissed me," Talia said quietly as she picked up a light blue bra and panty set.

"What?" Jenna turned to her. "When?"

"Yesterday. We went swimming at the lagoon, and we were playing around and he kissed me before he dunked me. I'm honestly not sure if he was just trying to distract me or what." She'd been thinking about it since the night before, trying to figure him out. The man was such a mystery at times.

"What kind of kiss? Like a peck on the lips or was there tongue involved?" Jenna asked as she sorted through a pile of undies.

"No, there was tongue. Lots of tongue. The man is an amazing kisser," Talia said, watching Jenna sort and occasionally grabbing a pair she liked.

"Was it just a kiss? Or more?" Jenna moved to a new pile.

"You mean like touching?" Talia asked.

"Yeah. Where were his hands?"

"Just on my back. He had me up against him. I mean my back was bare, though." Talia thought over the kiss. He could have easily touched her elsewhere but he didn't. She would have let him too. She shivered.

"How do you feel about it?" Jenna turned to her. "I know Ragnar is your bestie."

Talia sighed. "Remember when I told you that Noah kissed me and it was just blah?"

Jenna nodded. Talia had told her all about that kiss.

"Well, Ragnar's kiss? It was amazing and left me wanting more. There's something about him, Jenna. I'm very attracted to the man. I haven't made any moves though because he has been such a good friend and I don't want to ruin that. I'm honestly not sure if he's attracted to me, and then there's the whole mate thing. Which is why I won't pursue him. I'm not fully over James and I don't think I'll ever be, so it only makes sense for me to just be with my mate." Talia stopped and looked at Jenna. "Can I tell you a secret?"

"That you don't want me telling Daniel? Of course," Jenna tossed what she wanted in the basket over her arm.

"I've had sex dreams about him," Talia said in a low voice.