Chapter 43

Ragnar looked the both of them over. They both had blond hair and blue eyes and looked nothing like Cora. He immediately mind linked her.  Cora?

Ragnar?

Yeah it's me. What do your parents look like?  He asked her.

Nothing like me. I'm adopted. They both have blond hair and blue eyes.

Okay, thanks.

"I'm John Jacobs and this is my mate, Jackie Jacobs. We're here for our daughter Cora. We've come to take her home," the man said

"Your daughter has joined this pack. She's not going anywhere," Daniel informed him.

"You can't stop us from taking her home. She's our daughter!" Ragnar could see the man getting angry.

"She's also an adult and mated to someone in this pack. She has the right to do what she pleases," Daniel stared at him and watched John look away.

Jackie stood up. "She can't be mated to someone in this pack. She is mated to our Alpha's son."

"The same one who claimed that she was mated to him before she turned eighteen?" Ragnar asked her.

"He's an alpha. He's able to tell before anyone else can even if his mate is not old enough," Jackie stated, raising her chin.

As if that made a difference. Cora was right. Status was everything to these two.
"He's also able to lie to you. Cora's not mated to Jasper."

"That girl lies," John growled indignantly.

Daniel raised his eyebrows at the man. "So you chose to believe the Alpha's son who is telling you something that he cannot possibly know over your own daughter?"

"We'd like to speak to whoever's in charge of this pack," Jackie spoke up.

Daniel crossed his arms over his chest. "You do realize what pack you're visiting, right?"

"Of course we do," John replied. "We want to see the king."

"We demand to see the king," Jackie put in, staring down her nose at them. "I'm not sure why she sent in two nobodys like you two."

Daniel and Ragnar exchanged glances, both of them trying hard not to laugh. "Well you're in luck, because I am the king," Daniel told them.

"You can't be the king. You're too young. He's been in power for years. Don't take me for a fool!" John blustered. "Plus if you were that powerful, I'd feel it!"

Daniel really wanted to roll his eyes at the man but he was done with them both. He had tried to be nice but Cora's parents were starting to really irritate him. He gave in and released his full aura on them both, watching as they dropped to their knees and bowed their heads, their hearts racing with fear. "You want to repeat that?"

"I apologize, your majesty. I had no idea," John said, his head still bowed. "I apologize for both my mate and I."

"You came in and requested to speak with me. When I showed up, you were rude, demanding and insulting. I honestly would like to kick you both out but I'm not as rude as you two are." He let his aura linger a bit longer before reining it back in.

"We would just like our daughter back so we can take her home to her mate," Jackie pleaded, both of them still not moving.

"Like I said before, Jasper is not her mate. There is absolutely no way any wolf can distinguish who their mate is before they are both eighteen. Jasper lied. Even if he really was Cora's mate, which he is not, she has every right to reject him. I don't appreciate the fact that you wanted to bully her into accepting a mate that she does not want. One that has a history of violence and cruelty," Daniel glared at them both.