Chapter 61

Daniel followed Aaron down into the cells and smiled at Robert and his sons. "Good afternoon, gentlemen."

"Alpha." They all three bowed their heads warily.

"Robert! I hear you like to Alpha Command any one who you think might go against you or if you want secrets kept," Daniel studied the man as he spoke, noting the way Robert avoided his gaze. "I want you to release all of the Alpha Commands you've placed on everyone in this pack."

"You can't make him do that!" Austin shouted as Robert went deathly pale.

Daniel's gaze flicked to Austin. "I can, because I'm King. Abuse your power, and it will be stripped from you."

"Isn't that abusing your power?" Austin cracked back.

Robert smacked his son upside the head, and Austin glared at him.

"You know Austin, I've been king for over two hundred years, and in that time, I've only taken down ten Alphas. So now, I don't think that's an abuse in power. If it was, I'd take down every one of you that let your power go to your head and there'd be very few Alpha wolves left. I've developed a great deal of patience in my lifetime, but you, your father and brother have surpassed that. Especially when your brother put a gun to my Beta Female's head and pulled the trigger," Daniel crossed his arms over his chest.

"Jasper, what the hell were you thinking?" Robert asked him, his anger at his own son growing.

"She was trying to rip Brian's arm off. She wouldn't stop," Jasper said.

Robert sighed. His biggest mistake had been letting Jasper do whatever he wanted. He'd bent over backwards to get Cora for Jasper, knowing the girl's lineage, turned a blind eye when Jasper had started beating on his girlfriend, and let the boy do what he wanted. Of course he'd never dreamed that Jasper would go attack Regal Eclipse to get Cora back. He knew Jasper had an unhealthy obsession with the girl; he just hadn't thought Jasper would be that stupid.

"Robert, If you'd please," Daniel reminded him.

Robert sighed, knowing what he needed to do. He already knew Jasper and Austin would be executed for their crimes, and more than likely himself as well for allowing them both free rein to do as they pleased. "I, Alpha Robert Smith of The Vail Pack of Colorado hereby renounce my title and rescind every Alpha Command I have ever placed."

"What?" Jasper shouted.

"You can't do that. What about me becoming Alpha?" Austin shouted.

"You should have thought about that before you started your trafficking ring," Daniel told him. "Austin, you're next."

"For what?"

"You're to rescind every Alpha Command you've ever given," Daniel told him.

"No way," Austin said immediately.

Daniel sighed and pushed out his aura.

"Okay, okay!" Austin screamed. "I, Austin Smith former future Alpha of the Vail Pack rescind every Alpha Command I have ever placed."

"Jasper?"

Robert's youngest son was on his knees, quivering under the weight of Daniel's aura. "I, Jasper Smith, son of Robert Smith, rescind every Alpha Command I have ever placed."

Daniel turned to Aaron. "Call a pack meeting immediately. Vail needs to know why they no longer have an Alpha."

Aaron nodded and bowed his head before heading up the stairs to organize the pack meeting.

"Alpha, with all due respect, how long do we have?" Robert asked.

"As of right now, tomorrow at sunrise, but that's subject to change," Daniel turned to leave the prison.