Twins in a House

(Their house up top)

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

My phone buzzed on my nightstand. Usually I'd ignore and fall back asleep. I rubbed my eyes tiredly before turning off the alarm. 7AM. Three, two, one. I turned sideways to fall back asleep. Can a woman continue her morning sleep? Unfortunately, the curtains were being pulled which shown a bright blinding sunlight. UGH! I covered my face irritatedly and pulled my covers over my head including my blue butterfly blanket. "Liz! Get up! Up! We have things to do!" Maya yelled a bit. I groaned, covering half my face from the sunlight. "Maya of all the times we have things to do, we never got any sleep ins." I whined. She chuckled. "Sis, we're 21. Our kind of sleep-ins is food, popcorn and Netflix." She joked but in a serious tone. I let out a huff until she pulled the covers off my body. Luckily, I snuggled my butterfly blanket close. "Cmon Liz! You better be up by the time it's 8am or 7:30!" She yelled, walking out. When we were younger we'd always love staying up till morning. But the difference is Maya's a morning bird and I'm a night owl. I yawned while stretching my whole body. I rolled out of bed and gathered the hygiene utensils to enter our bathroom.

After my morning routine, I changed to my PINK blue shirt and black sweatpants with black-white Air Jordans

After my morning routine, I changed to my PINK blue shirt and black sweatpants with black-white Air Jordans. I walked in the kitchen where Maya was eating up cereal.

She smiled yet looked confused

She smiled yet looked confused. "What are you dressed?" She asked. I wrapped my hair in a ponytail. "Going to the gym. Hadn't worked out since my last period." I said, huffing at the last part. She smirked. "That's probably what it do. It slows you down completely." She told me. I nodded in agreement and fixed myself a bowl of strawberry oatmeal. "Hey, I forgot to tell you I met someone from a very good law firm." Maya mentioned. I stirred the bowl after pouring sugar two times and took a bite. "Hypothetical question. A he or she?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She rolled her eyes and chuckled. "She! Jessica Pearson? Remember?" She asked. It took three seconds until my brain clicked. Ah, Jessica. The managing partner of a firm Mom had dinner with. Bet she knows about us but hadn't met us directly. How can she? Mom literally have six children from eldest to youngest. "How did you meet her?" I asked. Maya poured the cereal milk in the sink. "At a cafe a week ago. It was actually an interview to work in her firm. Not only she's close with Mom, she wants to get to know us at least professionally." She spoke. All this chatter she's speaking about Jessica is making me entirely confused. Get to know us professionally? I mean, wait—My eyes widened. "What do you mean?" I slowly asked. She inhaled a deep breath and smiled. "We scored our first interview to work at Pearson Law firm! Surprise!" She beamed. My jaw dropped. Moments of pure silence rocked the kitchen. Nothing but a pin drop of my spoon in my bowl. Maya raised an eyebrow. "Liz?" She called. I cleared my throat. "What the hell are you talking about? I don't remember getting an interview with Jessica." I blurted. She fiddled with her fingers and smiled rather sheepishly. That look's obviously familiar....cause I done it many times. I mentally groaned. "What did you do?" I asked through gritted teeth. Maya motioned me to stay calm and inhaled a deep breath. "I've wanted Jessica to interview us for our spot in her firm. Of course, you weren't physically present but that's why I brought your resume." She explained. A minute is all it took for me to suck every word in. "We'll have separate offices. Not to mention, she's heard about our excellence back in Dad's firm so she made us senior associates. The meeting with the partners for a vote will start tomorrow—I cut her off. "Meaning work tomorrow." I finished annoyedly. She smirked knowingly. "Uh huh." She mumbled. I finished my bowl and put it in the sink. "So, are you in? After all it's Jessica." Maya said. If it means I could finish my morning with a needed workout and enjoy the day off aka Netflix n Chill then yes. I playfully rolled my eyes while shrugging. She smiled excitingly. "Can I go to the gym now? I'm desperate to burn chocolate calories." I asked impatiently. She laughed. "Yeah yeah. Sorry I peeked through your resume." She said half-jokingly. "Yeah you're sorry." I spoke in a serious tone. Since leaving Dad's law firm, we wanted a new fresh start. Sometimes it's not easy working with family. And I so didn't wanna work where my parents are in charge. Too much of that was childhood. We wanna be doing things on our own. Obviously we have growing up whenever our parents were busy. I raced upstairs to grab my black Air Jordan bag, towels and packed my blue-purplish water bottle, phone and car keys before coming down. "Bye M!" I yelled. "See ya Liz!" She yelled back. I walked out while starting my Rolls Royce.

I threw my bag on the second seat and got inside to drive off

******

Two hours passed made all the difference of being absolute sweaty and feeling good. I sat down on the bench, drinking my water. I let out a relieved 'Whoo!' which made me laugh. Damn this feels really great. Exercising at home is ok but the gym is different. I wiped my neck and forehead and drank again. My phone buzzed in my bag. A ringtone of Rude Boy by Rihanna played. I playfully danced while mumbling the lyrics. I picked it up and answered. "Hello?" I said, hoping it isn't Mom. She checks in every now and then but sometimes it gets a little embarrassing. "Liz! Lizzy!" A cheery-half annoying squeaky voice spoke. I covered my mouth in a chuckle. Our little sister Maria. Secretly, I have a deep bond with her because she's so smart, witty and better at pranks than anyone. "Hey little one. What's up?" I asked. She sighed happily. "A prank has been born today." She told me. My face immediately perked up. "Really? What is it?" I asked in an interested tone. "Ask Tyler once he washes off some hair dye." She said, giggling at the last part. Tyler is our younger brother. He's a year older by fourteen and she's twelve. I laughed. "Cmon M, he's starting high school so he needs to make a good appearance. Having orange, pink, Smurf hair isn't gonna do." I giggled. She laughed. "Well I learned from the best did I?" She bragged. Prank Queen of the Parker Family is a big M.E! I smiled proudly. "The student has become the teacher." I spoke confidently. Maria responded with a mmhmm. "Where's my prank diploma?" She joked. I hummed in response. "Your diploma is taking you to DisneyWorld in the summer!" I said, smiling. A lot of cheers and squeals were heard. "We could get on rollercoasters! Grab loads of food! And we can visit Harry Potter's side of it!" She cheered. I smirked. Maria is practically obsessed with Harry Potter since watching the first movie. "I finished Sorcerer's Stone! I'm ready for Chamber of Secrets because I'm in second year now." She said. I could already feel the smile in her voice. Oh my little baby sis. "How's Mom and Dad?" I asked. They must be at their work right now so usually, they're left with Nanny Kayla. She's actually nineteen and currently in college to become a child pediatrician. By means she knows children so well. "At work. Kayla's here. I've finished my homework so I have all the free time—She paused for a few seconds. "Gotta go. We have to pick up my school supplies. Bye!" She beamed. I smiled. "Bye cutie!" I said, hanging up and gathering my things to leave.

"I'M HOME!" I shouted happily while locking the door. A moment silence was only heard. I came in the living room to find Maya on the couch. She yawned tiredly and stretched. "Damn Liz. Can't you be any louder? You're back from the gym?" She asked softly. I nodded, smirking. "Maria called me too. She became a master of pranks so her graduation gift is going to DisneyWorld." I told her. She looked at me weirdly and rubbed her eyes. "I must be hallucinating." She mumbled. The smell of mustiness hit my nose instantly. Ooo, I need showering. "I'mma go shower." I said and walked off until "Wait!" Maya called. "You oughta get dressed too. I'm picking up ingredients to make dinner later. Not to mention some groceries." She told me. I groaned and pouted. "Can't we order something?" I begged. She sighed annoyedly. "Can't you help out? If you think I'm carrying many bags by myself, you must be on something." She sassed. I playfully glared and walked upstairs. Well, can't blame her. Our first day at Jessica's firm is tomorrow so we'll need enough things in the fridge.