Aftermath of TGIF

Waking up early gave me the advantage to check on Harvey. Quickly, before everyone wakes up or I'll actually face Maya's freaked expression. In the living room, he was wide awake and putting on his jacket. I playfully snorted. "Good morning." I said. He sighed sadly. "I'm so sorry. I never should've came. I have work today—I cut him off. "Harvey, it's Saturday. Not Monday. Remember?" I reminded. It took a moment until he realized today's not a weekday but the weekend. He rubbed his messy hair. "Shit, I'm supposed to watch Avery. I'm really sorry Elizabeth. What time is it?" He apologized. I smiled. "Considering they're not awake, it's still 7." I told him. Harvey breathed a breath of relief. "Good!" He whispered. I nodded, crossing my arms. "You have time to go home and shower because I smell ashtrays." I joked. Unfortunately, the smell lingered my nose. I slightly held my breath. Harvey hid an amusing grin. "Thanks. Want breakfast?" He asked. My jaw dropped. "Really? Thanks, I could go for—He cut me off by laughing. "I meant have you cooked breakfast?" He corrected. I smiled sheepishly and nodded my head no. "I'm about to make something. We're out of pancakes so an omelette alright? To kill the high-over?" I asked. He nodded as I happily went to the kitchen. "I love me some omelettes! Mmm! I love them! Yay!" I spoke energetically while gathering ingredients. Harvey grinned amusedly. Mmm, Avery loves omelettes so much. Liking spinach eggs was short-lived. He leaned against the counter. "Need any help?" He offered. I scoffed. "I've been making omelettes for a while. And since Avery was two." I sassed. Harvey smiled. "She likes them?" He asked. I nodded and returned the gesture. "What do you put in it?" He asked. "Spinach, cheese, onions." I responded while adding pepper in the egg bowl. Harvey shrugged. "What does she like for dinner?" He asked. I looked at him weirdly. "I'm gonna have her for two days, I need to know." He said, chuckling. A laughable smirk popped across my lips. I began stirring the bowl. "Whatever you could cook. Not allergic to anything except tomatoes. She can't eat large foods like pizza yet. She could have one dessert after dinner." I told him. He nodded in understanding. I poured the bowl in the pan and watched melted eggs spread. He grabbed the plastic bag of spinach. "Spinach first?" He asked. I nodded my head no. "Onions first." I said. Harvey handed me the box of chopped onions. As I put a few in the pan, my brain clicked. Avery! I forgotten to wake her up! "Shit! I forgot to wake up Avery!" I blurted. I reached for the spinach bag until Harvey grabbed it. "Go on. I'll finish this." He told me. I sighed. "Harvey, but—He cut me off. "No buts. That little one needs to be awake for an omelette. Go ahead." He assured. I inhaled a deep breath and let him take over the stove. I walked upstairs to Avery's bedroom.

Upon coming down, my eyes widened. Two plates of omelettes were on the counter. Harvey smiled charmingly. "Your omelettes are ready." He said. I instantly gasped. "What the—how—you didn't have to do this." I managed to say. He shrugged. "Wasn't a problem. You needed to get her ready. And breakfast should be done afterwards." He said. Can't blame him. Preparing her definitely takes a while. My eyes interlocked with his unknowingly. I madly blushed. He cleared his throat. "I must get going. I need to freshen up." He told me. I nodded in understanding. "Of course. She can't walk in on you like this. I still smell ashtrays." I joked. Harvey raised an eyebrow. "I smell like perfect breakfast." He said, smirking. "And once it wears off, you're back on crack." I joked while laughing. He grinned and chuckled. An awkward moment of silence passed. Wonder if he remembers what happened last night. He smiled. "I'll come back right after. She's still upstairs?" He asked. I crossed my arms and snickered. "Waking up Maya." I told him. He was confused until their voices echoed. "AVERY, STOP JUMPING ON MY BED!" She shouted. "Can't! Mommy said you'll miss omelettes!" Avery shouted. "LIZZY, I'MMA KILL YOU!" She shouted. I bursted into quiet laughter. Harvey hadn't wiped his laughable grin. I sighed happily. "Isn't she delightful?" I asked. "Very, I'll be back." He said, walking to the door. I followed behind and unlocked it. "Never mention this to anyone." I spoke in a serious tone. He rolled his eyes. "Now you know that won't happen." He muttered. I bite my lip from smirking. That is absolute true. The story is only for female audiences later. Harvey opened the door and smiled. "And I didn't get to say this. You are so beautiful." He complimented. I nodded but whipped my head toward him in shock. He already left as Ray just pulled up. Butterflies speeded through my stomach. My cheeks heated crazily. I slowly closed the door and leaned against it. My eyes closed while inhaling a deep breath. "Mommy!" A cute voice called. I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Avery on the stairs. Her long hair in a bun, a pink Barbie shirt, jeans with brown boots. She smiled cheerily. "Auntie Maya's up. Let's go eat omelettes!" She beamed, running downstairs. I cheered but instantly caught her when she tripped over the last stairs. My heart skipped a beat. "Careful sweet, don't run so fast." I told her. She nodded and playfully wrapped her arms around my waist while we got to the kitchen. "Where's Auntie Maya?" I mentioned. Avery shrugged innocently. I gave my famous scary look whenever she lies. She jumped. "I accidentally stepped on her hand when I jumped on the bed. She's in the bathroom." She quickly spoke. Imagining her accidentally stepping on her hand played in my brain. I bursted into a couple snickers. Oh god! I kept chuckling. Avery watched rather confusedly. "What's so funny?" She asked. I immediately calmed down though a laugh escaped. "You are too cute. Accidents happen hon and she forgave you." I said. Maya would forgive her whether she'd injured her hand or broken it. But would break mine if I didn't stop her. She nodded in understanding and sat on the chair.

******

6PM.

Their jaws dropped. "He said that?" Donna asked shockingly. I smiled amusedly. "He also thought Avery looked cute with Minnie Mouse ears." I added jokingly. We laughed. Maya sipped her wine glass and nodded. "Her mother also taught her to break someone's hand." She spoke unamused. Rachel laughed. "What?" She asked. I covered my mouth from a snicker. "It wasn't my fault—She cut me off. "Yes it was! She stepped on my hand when jumping on my bed at 8 in the morning." She mentioned. I cleared my throat. "Accidentally." I corrected. Donna smiled, putting her glass down. "Let's really discuss the important matter. Yourself." She told me. I looked at her confusedly. "Yourself and Mr. You're So Beautiful." She spoke dreamily. Rachel smiled deviously. "Oh I do relish important matters." She teased. Maya scoffed while sipping her glass. "That's been going on since our first day." She joked. I fake smiled and crossed my legs. "Just how drunk are you?" I sassed. She blew a kissy face and waved me off. Donna laughed. "Don't think she is. I think she has a point." She agreed. I raised both eyebrows and scoffed. "You really thought we hadn't noticed anything? Or me? Have you forgotten who I work for?" She asked, raising an eyebrow sassily. I would never admit anybody noticed anything between me and Harvey. Honestly, I didn't think anyone did except Maya. She snickered all of a sudden. "Let's admit it. We have so much romances to discuss. Mike and Rach, my crazy twin and Harvey, myself and Jin—oh wait!" She panicked. I bursted into laughter. "Ha ha!" I teased. They smiled amusedly. "Shit." Maya muttered angrily. My eyes widened. If she really muttered a cuss word, then she is drunk. I'm the twin who says a lot than her. I took the glass from her and smiled. "I think that's enough hon." I joked but in a serious tone. She nodded in agreement. Donna snickered before pouring herself another glass. "It's about to be more than enough." She joked. Rachel chuckled and put her glass out so she could pour it. "Can't argue here." She said. "About to be more headaches and throwing up." Maya whispered in my ear. I fake smiled. "If I'm holding anyone's hair, you will too." I whispered. We laughed quietly. Donna pointed at us with the bottle and smirked. "We know you're laughing...But we can handle our liquor." She slurred. I scoffed while chuckling. "Whatever you say or should I say whatever you slur." I joked. Maya chuckled. Rachel sipped her glass. "I'm not slurring. I'm sober like a judge." She slurred. We looked at each other and laughed. "Oh lord!" I giggled. Maya smiled. "Movie time?" She suggested. "Yes please." We said in unison. I lifted my glass up. "I'd like to propose a toast. To Rachel passing the LSATs!" I beamed. They lifted their glasses up. "To Rachel!" They cheered, clinking theirs with mine. I carefully sipped as Donna picked the movie. Jumanji. We looked at her weirdly. She shrugged. "Don't tell me you don't love it." She sassed. We returned the gesture and made ourselves comfortable. "Twenty bucks say they'll be passed out later." I whispered in Maya's ear. She nodded. "Deal." We whispered in unison.