Eyes Up Specter

It was 5pm. All the associates were gone and Maya figured she'd stay here to finish work but I insisted. Only because I want her to make or buy dinner. In my office, I drank my water bottle and grabbed a stapler to staple the documents. Eerie silence seemed irritating at the moment. I playfully twisted my strand and saw a note beside my can of pens. Weird. I've never saw it when I got back from Starbucks. I grabbed the note and turned it over.

'Tomorrow, happy hour at a bar? Bring Maya and Rachel. - Donna'

Hell yes! I smiled widely and went over the documents before putting them in my folder. Slowly, my eyes diverted to my speaker. A small smirk crept on my lips. The door was closed which gave me an advantage. I turned Bluetooth on my phone and began playing Freedom by Wham! I'm practically obsessed with them right now. An unforgettable memory unlocked of when me and Maya were little listening to everything 90s and 2000s. Grateful nobody's here so I could dance freely. I lifted my leg up in balletic form before taking a spin rhythmically. I danced around joyfully. "I don't want your freedom! Girl, all I want right now is you!" I playfully sung and danced. I covered my mouth with a laugh. My hips swayed around rhythmically. Like always, I got completely lost in the music. I lip-synced the lyrics and twirled around. I danced while my back turned, not noticing someone slowly opening the door. He grinned amusedly and watched me dance. I happily turned—"HEY!" I blurted startlingly. That amused grin hadn't wiped his face as I paused the song. "Harvey! What are you doing?" I growled through gritted teeth. He put his hands up in surrender and shrugged. "No need for sass. I happened to hear some music. I know it doesn't sound like my records, Mike doesn't own a vinyl player and doubt someone like Louis even listens to Wham." He explained. I shifted awkwardly, fixing my buttoned suit. His eyes scanned my speaker weirdly. "What kind of player is this?" He asked. I mentally rolled my eyes. "My JBL speaker. It plays music by connecting to your Bluetooth." I told him. "What the hell is JBL?" He asked confusedly. I huffed. "How was I supposed to know? It was a Christmas gift!" I spoke in an irritated voice. Harvey said nothing but chuckle. I've felt the need to but I didn't wanna encourage his ego. "Did I say something funny?" I sassed. He smirked which made me roll my eyes. "So, is Careless Whisper your favorite?" He teased. I fake chuckled and shrugged. "Why? Trying to dance with me? Sorry Specter but I'm dancing with myself." I said. Harvey chuckled humorlessly. "I'm not much of a dancer Miss Parker. I only like good music." He spoke. I smiled proudly. "Same. Half my playlist is 2000s and 90s." I bragged. He playfully rolled his eyes. "I'm guessing you listen to Britney Spears?" He joked. I smiled innocently. "My favorite is Womanizer." I spoke sarcastically. He looked down while snorting. "Working late? Or it's an irritate Liz evening?" I asked annoyedly. Harvey smiled innocently. "Can it be 'irritate Liz evening?'" He asked. I pointed to the door and cleared my throat. "Leave so I can finish dancing or your penis needs a kick." I spoke in a serious tone. Harvey smiled. "George Michael's already getting a kick from your dancing." He joked. I pretended to caress my hair sexily. "Cause he's super fine and his voice..." I trailed off laughing. "And I'm not?" He spoke in a challenged tone. I fake smiled and crossed my arms. "Should I play I'm Your Man?" I asked sarcastically. He shrugged then rubbed his gelled hair carefully. "Am I?" He teased. My eyes widened. "Are you George?" I asked. Harvey nodded his head no. "Then no." I quickly said. I put my phone, speaker and file folder in my bag and wrapped it on my shoulder. "I'm off. Wanna go have a bite." I told him. He smirked flirtatiously. "You're finally asking if I'd join you?" He teased. I walked pass and turned around. "Calm those tits. It'll take more than biting, talking or Wham to earn it." I sassed and walked out. He watched me go while forming a smile.

******

******

In the living room, Maya and I watched Netflix with our pizza dinner. She laughed. "He walked in on you?" She asked. I huffed. "Don't remind me." I muttered. She sipped her Sprite cup and scoffed. "Liz, anyone could've saw you. Even Jessica." She said. My eyes widened. "No! That's the last thing anyone's gonna see. Jessica is too ferocious for me." I said, smiling sheepishly. Maya snickered uncontrollably. "Sounds like she scare you. I thought Louis would be considering how rough he gets on that poor Harold guy. I seriously saw his pants—I cut her off. "I don't, don't wanna hear about no man shitting himself. Please lord no." I spoke disgustedly. She nodded in agreement. "The only man who don't piss himself when he sees a woman is Harvey. I hear from Donna." She mentioned. I raised an eyebrow. "How does she know?" I asked. Maya smiled attempting to hide her chuckle. "She's his secretary. She also helped us with finding a secretary." She said. I finished chewing my slice and lifted a finger. "One, the only women Harvey taps is tricks, hoes, tramps. Two, when is the interview for a secretary? Please don't let it a man. There's too many in this firm." I said. She nodded her head no. "Liz, we're hiring a secretary whether it's a male or female. Nothing's gonna bother your workload. Don't worry, I'll make sure he's not too pretty—She paused snickering. I mentally groaned and paid full attention to the TV. "Besides, I got papers of the best candidates in the city. Let's make a plan to mark the interview date." She continued. I nodded uninterestedly. "You do that while I take the last pizza." I spoke. Maya rolled her eyes. "Anyways, let's finish this case. Better get justice for this pollution mess." She said. I scoffed and crossed my legs. "The only justice I'll get is an electrified fence that says 'Harvey Specter, Don't Try to Get Shock.' I said through gritted teeth. She covered her mouth with her arm from low snickering. "Mine will be 'My Sister's Crazy, Help Me.'" She joked. I scoffed and sipped my drink. "Donna asks if we could go to the bar tomorrow with her and Rachel. You in?" I asked. Maya smiled and nodded. "Yes! We haven't been to one since—I cut her off. "Maya, we snuck to a bar when we were eighteen." I spoke in an obvious tone. She crossed her arms sassily. "Only cause someone thought it'd be fun to. Oh and it wasn't we first." She corrected. I ignored, biting the cheese bread.

After working on case matters, reading through secretary resumes, I was fully exhausted. Maya had already gone up to bed. I sat on the couch and the TV's volume is lowered. It's not like I'm patiently waiting for my boyfriend to text or call back. He promised he'd call sometime this evening. Another minute passed but I'm done. You always gotta check Instagram to see if they're busy. I got on my Instagram app and went on my feed since he follows me. I clicked the page and it showed it all. Nothing new right now. Maybe he fell asleep from all the filming. I closed my phone before letting out a small yawn and went upstairs.