Revenge is Sweet

6AM.

My phone alarm buzzed. I yawned, pressing a button to turn off the alarm. I wiped my eyes groggily and rolled out of bed. Letting out another yawn, I got up and stretched. My brain clicked, remembering going on a run with Harvey. Probably going to regret it but it's my first time jogging instead of strolling on sidewalks in Cali. His bedroom door was half-opened. He was still asleep with his mouth hung open. Slight ear-aching snores began coming out. I covered my ears the whole time and held my breath to not chuckle. I carefully tip-toed downstairs after leaving a note on my bed. It read:

'Went home to get dressed. Save me pancakes with bacon before we jog. - Elizabeth'

I carried my bag and unlatched the door before closing it quietly. I walked out, inhaling a deep breath and whistled. "HEY YO TAXI!" I screamed. The cab immediately pulled over. Relieved it's early because I be damned if anyone sees me with a messy ponytail, my suit pants and most of all...Harvey's sweatshirt. Being the 'friend' he is, he lended it to me to sleep in last night. I was somewhat thankful cause there's no damn way I'll be half naked in another guy's place. All when I have a boyfriend who lives far. I walked up and got inside. "Take me to (address name)." I told the driver. He nodded as he drove away. The second he went to the driveway, I got out and walked to the doorstep. Maya's probably still sleep. I used my key before opening the door and close quietly. I tip-toed upstairs and saw her sleeping in her room. I mentally pumped the air with my fist. Yes! I went to mine, did my morning routine and changed into a workout outfit:

 Yes! I went to mine, did my morning routine and changed into a workout outfit:

(Without the white coat)

I fixed my hair and wrapped it in a neat ponytail. I grabbed my water bottle and slipped my recharged phone in my small Lululemon bag. I checked to see if she was still sleep. She slept peacefully. I wrapped my Nike jacket on and walked downstairs to left the house. Hopefully all my tip toes worked enough. Surprisingly, the same car with Ray was pulling up the driveway. My jaw dropped. Harvey must've been tipsy if he actually sent a car to pick me up. I opened the door and got in. "Good morning Ray." I spoke kindly. He smiled politely. "Good morning Miss Parker. I'm supposed to take you back to Harvey's." He told me. I nodded knowingly. "He also forgets I have a car." I said. Ray simply shrugged. "He knows. He just wants you to have a ride to work also." He said. Oh, Gaston playing sweet gentleman? Shocking. I made myself comfortable and mentally wondered if this so-called friendship will go anywhere.

"Keep up Specter!" I joked, laughing. He jogged beside me and scoffed. "You know what? Be grateful I'm not wearing headphones." He spoke. I looked at him weirdly. "Really? I used to be crazy with headphones all the time." I told him. Harvey returned the gesture. "Crazy?" He asked. I smiled warmly. "Like they say, music is one of the only things that can get your mind completely off everything else." I said. He nodded, smirking. "By listening to a song?" He asked. I scoffed and chuckled. "Says the guy with a million records." I joked. "Says the girl with a stereo." He joked. I rolled my eyes. "Speaker but stereo's ok." I corrected. He smiled to himself. We jogged until we ended up in Central Park. I never sweated this much since my first time in a gym. Dance class is my workout but the gym is different. Harvey saw me breathing a bit heavy. "Let's walk." He told me. I nodded as we walked normally and sat down on the bench. "You're ok? Need water?" He asked softly. I practiced my breathing and drank my water bottle. "It's ok. I'm fine." I said hoarsely. He smiled cockily, sipping water from the fountain. I rolled my eyes but kept drinking. "See? Told ya jogging wasn't bad. Clears the mind and invigorates the body." He spoke. I smiled innocently. "In translation it helps you mentally and physically." I joked. "Ah, you know Aerobics talk." He said sarcastically. I scoffed and crossed my leg. "Ah, you know body-building." I mocked. Harvey sat beside me. An awkward silence was present. My eyes slowly turned to his sweaty hoodie. He stretched with his hands behind his head. The chest beneath all the covering proudly shown. Butterflies erupted crazily in my stomach. I turned away when he looked my way. I'll need a question to end the silence. "So, still going with the plan?" I asked, referring to the case. Harvey scoffed. "Why wouldn't I? I'll kick this guy's ass if I have to." He blurted. I looked at him in disbelief and scoffed. "If you have to? I already dick-kicked him and smacked his face." I told him. His eyes widened in shock. "Really? In the dick?" He asked. I nodded, smiling happily. Harvey returned the gesture. "How did it feel?" He asked. I laughed, air-punching. "So fucking good!" I told him chuckling. He chuckled and smiled. "Good. You deserve respect." He said. Again, playing sweet gentleman. I stopped and looked at him in disbelief. "Have I taken some pill?" I joked. Harvey playfully rolled his eyes while nudging my shoulder. "Cmon. I'm against the men hitting women problem. I meant what I said." He spoke. A sudden smirk appeared on my lips. "Uh...thanks Harvey." I said shyly. He winked and rested his arm on the armrest. Two women power-walking past by smirked flirtatiously at Harvey. Apparently they saw my presence and walked faster. I hid a chuckle. The whole time he was confused. "What happened?" He asked. I snickered. "Well they freaked because they think you're taken." I said, using air-quotes. Harvey smiled charmingly. "I'm not taken...yet." He said. I stared at him annoyedly. "Ain't nothing stopping you huh?" I asked. He nodded his head no. My phone buzzed. I pulled it out my bag and read Maya's text.