The Unexplainable Bond

(Up top is Avery)

I'm changing Avery's age because it'll seem a little easier for Elizabeth since the last episodes of season 2 will be busier. She is six years old!☺️ - Lizzy👑🩵

******

Back to work. Nonetheless, I'm still determined to get through the day, whether it's cases or possibly—hopefully—getting past a certain whom. Sunday built a lot of nervousness and mental praying. Nobody except Maya knew it was the day I'd gain custody of Avery. Louis's idea was to be in the judge's chamber for custody. Avery's birth parents was nowhere to be found nor was going up against me. The surprise is I won! Maya and I celebrated by telling our family on FaceTime. They couldn't wait to see Avery in the summer. My week mornings get busier now that she's in school. Yet the only enjoyable part is when she's at the firm with everyone. Even Louis grew a somewhat attachment to her. After morning routine and shower, I got dressed into this:

 After morning routine and shower, I got dressed into this:

I put on white high tops before doing my hair and makeup:

Avery was already dressed and ate. Maya walked in her red dress with red heels. She smiled happily. "You got Avery! You got Avery!" She cheered. I laughed and cheered. "I know! I know!" I cheered. We hugged. "I'm so happy for you. I know being a mom is important to you." She spoke kindly. We parted. "Especially if that mom's single." I joked. Maya snickered. "Of course, there's nothing wrong with being one. Single moms are brave." I said, winking. She nodded in agreement and looked around. "Where is she though?" She asked. My brain clicked. "Avery!" I shouted. My little snicker cookie came in while carrying her Beauty & the Beast backpack. Her long hair combed and curled with a Belle headband. Not to mention she was getting tall to the elbows. Aww, my baby's getting tall! She wore her school uniform which consists of a yellow shirt and a blue skirt. "I'm ready, Mommy!" She beamed, smiling. We laughed and looked at her in awe. "You look so cute sweetie!" She complimented. Avery chuckled. "Thanks Auntie Maya." She said. I checked my phone before cussing under my breath. "Alright, time to go." I told her. She nodded and held my hand. After back-checking everything, we made it to the cars. Maya was grateful I got her into private school cause we'll be too busy to homeschool her. Honestly I didn't want her homeschooled because she'd miss good things like school trips, parties, after-school activities. My parents agreed putting her in private school is better. She put her seatbelt on and smiled happily. "Can we hear music Mommy?" She asked. I smirked, plugging my Bluetooth so she could hear her playlist. My phone buzzed. I picked it up to see Maya's text.