Kidnapped by Gaston

We entered her office and stood instead of grabbing a seat on the couch. Maya smiled. "You asked for us Jessica?" She asked kindly. Sometimes I think she put up the sweet talk because she's afraid of her or still goodie two shoes. She nodded. "Exactly. When I made you two Senior Associates, that means you must work with a certain partner of the firm. You already work for me so it's technically not me." She said. We shared confusion. What certain partner in the firm we're supposed to work with? Honestly, I thought it'd be everyone. Jessica walked and sat on her front desk. "Which means two of you will work with a senior or junior partner on many cases. I hope this doesn't affect your relationship because I rather not mix business with family." She said in a serious tone. Nothing, not even a law firm could split me and Maya. We're closer than Bonnie and Clyde. Maya smiled. "Nope. Never." She spoke confidently. I returned the gesture. "Not even if there's three or four partners." I agreed. Jessica hid a small smile. "Good. You're already assigned. Maya, you're officially a Senior associate for Louis." She continued. A warm smile appeared on her face. For some reason, she instantly grew to like Louis on our first week. She even joined him on a deposition earlier and told how awesome he killed it. Some think he's half an angel, half a devil cause he goes pit bull on all the associates. "Oh, thanks! Thanks—I mean thank you Jessica." She corrected shyly. Jessica nodded, smiling before making eye contact with me. "Elizabeth. I dearly hope there won't be any concerns or hysterics after you're given this news. We need to be a united front despite how we feel about our teammates. I'd like to hear no complaints right now. No complaints. Is that clear?" She spoke firmly. I said nothing but nodded. The last thing I'll need is pissing her off. She must've heard stories from Maya about me losing it if I had to do something I rather NOT do. I put my hands behind my back and intertwined. The last words she said nearly fogged my brain.

"You're going to work with Harvey."

My intertwined—now fist knuckles probably turned white. My stomach harshly dropped. I almost found it difficult to make a smile or fake one. Jessica cleared her throat. "Isn't this good Liz?" She asked, smirking. Maya held her breath as if she's fighting not to laugh. I inhaled the deepest breath and smiled tightly. "Yes. Suppose it is." I muttered. "Congratulations, you both. Your first official day with Mr. Litt and Mr. Specter starts today. Hope you have fun." She said, smiling. We thanked her before heading for the door. "Elizabeth." She called. I turned around. Jessica smirked. "The tiger doesn't always bite. Just remember to feed him." She finished, referring to Harvey. I smiled tightly and walked out. A moment is all it took for those words to settle in my brain.

Going to work with Harvey.

Apparently, Donna called me from my office. Hope it's another planned bar night to drink away those bad-luck written words. But all I wanted was to stay in my office and hear music to soothe my hidden outburst I haven't bursted yet. Music always calmed me from any problems. It's how I got attached to dance. I walked miserably to her desk. She covered her mouth probably from incoming laughter. "You heard?" I asked through gritted teeth. She nodded and smiled amusedly. "Yes. Look at the bright side. We'll be working closely together." She spoke. I fake smiled. "The difference is there's a womanizing bachelor in the squad." I growled through gritted teeth. Donna hummed in response. "You remember what Jessica said? No complaints or hysterics." She said, raising an eyebrow. I scoffed, fake laughing. "Who's complaining? This is good right? I'll be working with you more. Even working for someone whose ego is bigger than his penis and has an appetite for women—I stopped when the womanizer of honor walked up to us. "Save me! Save me!" I begged. She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. This will be good." She whispered. Harvey approached her desk and smirked at me. "Elizabeth." He spoke. I huffed, putting my hand on my hip. "Harvey." I mumbled. He smiled teasingly. "I've heard special news today. You're here to work for me. But don't feel lonely, you have me." He joked. My cheeks heated up. I returned the gesture. "Correction. Work with you. Just like Mike does. So actually, there's three of us." I sassed. Donna looked down while clearing her throat. "Four of us. I survived working with worse. I can handle even worser." I said, smirking. She low-key snickered. Harvey shrugged. "Who thinks I'm worse?" He asked innocently. "I do." Louis answered and walked past her desk. A giggle popped from my lips. He walked even closer and smiled charmingly. Lord help me. "Mark my words, Miss Parker. You'll soon start loving my company." He said. I crossed my arms and nodded. "Maybe I will. Maybe I'll enjoy talking about how you'd like hair gelled like a fancy Ken Doll or about how I've seen Tom Ford makeup in a store since you wear his suits. Or about how much it's going to take for me to enjoy your company every. Single. Day." I ranted sarcastically. The whole time Harvey sighed annoyedly. He didn't even notice Mike's presence. "Hey Liz! Heard we're going to work together. I dearly hope it doesn't lead to any—I cut him off. "No worries! If I was going to mix business with pleasure, it'd be the right kind of pleasure." I said, eyeing Harvey. He looked down but tried not to chuckle. I checked my watch and looked up. "Anyways, it's lunch. I need my Tim Hortons." I said and walked past them. A moment of silence aired between the three. Donna shrugged. "I don't know about you but I like her." She blurted.

******

In Harvey's office, my curiousness got the best of me as I scanned every part. The million records hanged up, a duck painting, a table and four signed basketballs. I happily got up from the couch and picked up one. This reminded me how much I liked basketball. My family used to watch the Lakers and the Bulls. We used to have a hoop in our driveway where we'd play anytime. Our older brother JJ usually get a few points but I had more. I playfully stomped it before spinning it swiftly with one finger. A ball cutie, aren't I? He taught how to spin it with my finger. It took many tries but I nailed it. I playfully spin it again and put it back. "Ah. There you Miss." A voice I'm quite relieved it isn't someone else. I turned enough to slightly jump. Daniel Hardman. The reason I know it's him cause Dad knew about his scandal at the firm. Cheating on his cancer-dying wife. My eyes widened. "D-d-Daniel—Mr. Hardman." I said. He nodded, smiling nicely. "You must be Miss Elizabeth Parker. Louis introduced me to your sister. Welcome to Pearson Hardman." He said. I smiled tightly. "Thanks. You're probably wondering why I'm here." I said. He nodded his head no. "You're a Senior associate working for Harvey. Maya works for Louis. Am I correct?" He asked. I quickly nodded. Apparently. "Since you are, I may have a work question for you. Unfortunately, Jessica didn't remind me of hiring new associates this week. Are there any cases you're working on with him at the moment?" He asked. I almost spoke until Gaston himself walked in. "Good news Parker. We have a case to do." He spoke sarcastically. Daniel cleared his throat abruptly. "I was just speaking to Miss Parker—Harvey cut him off. "Great, you met her. I don't give a shit. We all have jobs to do, remember?" He sassed. I fake smiled and crossed my arms. "Don't worry Daniel, I survived worse partners." I said through gritted teeth. He hummed. "Thank God. Hope you'll live to the next day knowing he's still here." He agreed and walked out. Harvey turned to me. "You work with me so you have to understand Daniel Hardman is not to be trusted." He said in a serious tone. I rolled my eyes while scoffing. "Relax. I'm aware of his scandal years ago. Stealing clients's money, cheated on his cancer-dying wife. The best thing about being me is I can smell a scheming ass." I said. Harvey handed me a file. "Get ready to smell more." He said before sitting behind his desk. I opened it and read. "Shit. We could do a pro-bono case instead." I said, shrugging. He nodded his head no. "That we can do with Mike. This one involves you and me." He said, smirking. I mentally groaned but I can handle worse. "Alright Gaston. Deal." I spoke confidently. He still hadn't wiped off his smirk.