Old Friend Reunion Part 1

The whole time I hadn't broke eye contact from the file. A case that reminded me of what happened in California with my best friend. I sat on my couch in my office and put the file down. There would always be cases involving real life issues, especially if there's one you experienced. You always have to be strong whether it hits you hard or not. I rubbed my hair and leaned against the pillows. Harvey already set up the meeting today which doesn't help at all. Our client is a woman who's been in an abusive relationship with her husband and wants a divorce. Yup, divorce case. I mentally huffed, imagining Harvey plotted this just so he could flirt on me all day. The sad part is this lady has two adult children who probably knows the situation. All I could hope is their family be happier. Nothing's more important than family. My best friend leaned on me for that exact reason. "Liz, are you ok?" Rachel asked concernedly. I looked up noticing she came in. "I guess." I muttered. She smiled. "Heard you're now working with Harvey and Mike. That's great." She mentioned. "Ha! Working with Mike? Great. Harvey? I'm being snatched." I joked. She playfully rolled her eyes. "It won't be that bad. What's the case?" She asked. I rubbed my forehead. "A divorce. This one I'm unfortunately doing with Harvey. Alone." I said, growling through gritted teeth. Rachel closed the door and sat beside me. "Alone? Why?" She asked. I shrugged. "Either he's checking my work ethic or he's still attempting to flirt." I said. She returned the gesture. "What's wrong then? A divorce case is between two parties. The difference is you'll both be on the—I cut her off. "The one who wants a divorce's side? Rachel, I don't really care for a divorce. It's more than that." I unknowingly told her. She looked at me worriedly. "Liz, what's going on?" She whispered. I inhaled a deep breath and fiddled with my thumbs. "Our client, this woman is filing for divorce because her husband is abusive. I have a best friend back in California who's been through the same situation. Her Mom got remarried after her Dad left when she was little. The stepdad she got was very abusive. She'd seen him hit her, slap her or even grab her wrists. She once defended her by hitting him with a frying pan after her Mom cussed him out over calling her a bitch. I came to visit her that day. I was their escape and my Mom offered them a place to stay until she ended things with him." I explained, wiping an incoming tear. She rubbed my back comfortingly. "Are you gonna be able to do this? Maybe you should let Harvey handle it." She spoke softly. I nodded my head no and cleared my throat. "No. He'll think something's wrong if I back out now. I can't back away. I wanna help this family through this. Mine done the same." I said. She hugged me. I hugged back. This felt quite good venting to someone who had no idea. Maya and our parents know. We parted. Rachel smiled. "If you can do it for her, you can do it for someone else." She encouraged. I returned the gesture. "Thanks Rachel." I said. "When is the meeting?" She asked. I huffed. "Today. Wish me luck." I spoke in a miserable tone. She rubbed my shoulder. "With the case?" She asked. I groaned irritatedly. "No. Harvey." I told her. She chuckled. Speaking of the devil, he opened the door and sighed. "Hope I didn't interrupt this sleepover but we have a meeting with a client." He grumbled. I turned to her and fake smiled. "See what I mean?" I asked before walking out with my bag. We walked beside each other which made it worse. "Ray, my driver will be taking us." He told me. I nodded, smirking. "Your own designated driver? Gosh you are no Dom Toretto." I joked. Harvey scoffed and smirked. "You're right. I'm more Brian O'Conner." He bragged. I stared at him annoyedly. "Don't even go there. Even Mia wouldn't kiss you." I told him. He grinned jokingly. "Only ones who would talk about me." He said. "Jesus help me." I muttered irritatedly.

Despite my mental objections, I was officially riding with Harvey to the client's household. An uncomfortable silence sat between us. I stared out the window as usual. No one said anything for two minutes. I refused to make eye contact so I looked down while fiddling with my hands. Well, my eyes landed on the radio. My brain clicked. Yes! "Ray, can you turn on the radio?" I asked politely. He nodded. "Of course Miss Parker." He spoke. Soon Oops! I Did it Again by Britney Spears echoed through the car. I happily danced and used an air microphone to sing the lyrics. I caressed my hair sexily and danced rhythmically. Ray smiled. I looked at Harvey who watched wide eyed amusedly. "Cmon. It doesn't hurt to have fun." I said, nudging his arm. I continued silly dancing and using an air microphone. Ray smirked while motioning him. After a moment, Harvey began dancing. I laughed and playfully danced. "Oops I did it again to your heart." I sung. He looked at me in awe. "You're lost in this game oh baby." He sang in a high-pitched like Britney. We bursted into sudden laughter. I covered my mouth from giggling.

I smirked and hummed

I smirked and hummed. "Look at you chucklebutt." I teased. Harvey couldn't stop laughing and smiling. "Stop!" He chuckled. I snickered. We calmed ourselves down from laughing. He made eye contact with me. My insides were bubbling with butterflies as my cheeks heated up. We didn't even notice Ray just pulled up. "We're here Mr. Specter and Miss Parker." He told us. I cleared my throat and looked away to fix my suit. He did the same. "Showtime!" I whispered confidently. Harvey smirked. "Then what are we waiting for?" He teased. I returned the gesture. "Quit doing flirt shit and begin the show." I teased. He grinned flirtatiously.

My cheeks burned but I ignored and got out

My cheeks burned but I ignored and got out. We walked up the doorstep. He rang the doorbell. The door opened, revealing—my eyes widened. Mrs. Andino. Her surprised expression when she saw me explained it all. I couldn't expose this in front of Harvey so I remained content. "Mrs. Andino?" He called. She nodded. "Yes?" She answered. "Harvey Specter. Elizabeth Parker—She cut him off and opened the door wider. "O-o-of course. You're here to represent me in my divorce." She said. We walked inside but I took my time having no idea she moved to New York. A lot of questions I need to ask built up in me. Not now. I need to focus. Nothing will go possibly wrong....will it?