Nightly Drinking Talk

Coming back to Harvey's house isn't gonna be like the first time hopefully. Everything happened just as I wished and nothing unwanted happened. My mind reflected back to when our hands touched. How we were closer where I smelled his aftershave so clearly. He was an inch taller and stared down at me with his brown-colored eyes. I refused to think what would've happened if I didn't pull away. This had happened too many times where I get caught up on all the 'fairytale moments'. Well, the difference is the guys were all handsome and practically screen stars. Harvey is practically a handsome—egotistical lawyer. Not to mention we practically work on cases together now. Him, me and Mike. Jessica wants this to be a united front so it's going to be. Even if I'm working with an egotistical, hair gelled Gaston in a suit every day. More importantly, Maya could jump into conclusions about if him and I... Nope. Nope. She knows I love William but the 'tall handsome senior partner/senior associate' being 'friends' is a different story. That's why I told her I'll be going to Donna's for a chat.

7PM. ~ Harvey's Condo ~

Background jazz music played. I changed into my cozy beige loungewear and chilled on the couch with a glass of virgin wine because I needed to drive home later. Harvey sat next to me holding his glass. I sighed happily. "This feels nice! And the music and fireplace's just the best part." I said. He smirked. "Absolutely. I didn't think you'd like this stuff." He spoke while sipping his glass. I scoffed, raising an eyebrow. "Please. The first time I came to New York I imagined partying downtown and having crazy fun with my friends. Seeing time square and all. But I had too much of that in California." I told him. He let out a playful snort. "Guessing you're from California?" He guessed. I playfully rolled my eyes and put my glass down. "I was born in Michigan. My parents, quite hard workers owned a law firm in LA. Me and Maya were five years old when we moved there. We fell so much in love with singing and dancing that our Mom put us into commercials or TV cameos. Then our siblings followed along too." I explained. Harvey raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "Really? What happened? Were you on Little Rascals?" He said, joking at the last part. I smiled innocently. "Were you on Richie Rich?" I joked. He smirked amusedly. "Anyways, we ended up doing Disney and Nickelodeon through our middle school years. At the time my parents decided to work back home. We went to private school and were harshly bullied...." I trailed off managing to keep the memory off my mind. His hand somehow rubbed my knee comfortingly. My cheeks heated up. I inhaled a deep breath. "Once my parents knew, we moved back and they needed to be in the workplace anyway. I still kept doing what I love despite the usual shit of growing up." I continued. "How did you get into being a lawyer?" He wondered. I simply shrugged. "Something to fall back on at first. But we didn't give up. I still went to dance classes, dance performances and sang behind the piano sometimes." I finished. Harvey smiled teasingly. "You know I have a piano." He told me. My attention diverted to the black piano before looking back at him. "Nada. Don't even go there." I quickly said. He shrugged. "Why not? There's already jazz playing to help." He said. I chuckled and sipped my glass. "Oh god!" I chuckled. He smiled. An instant weakening of my knees started. I put my glass down and sat upwards. "What about you? Your life before the court life?" I asked in an interested tone. Harvey looked at me weirdly. "Court life?" He asked. I covered my mouth in a chuckle. "Lawyer life. Court's apart of it." I corrected. He let out a deep breath. "It's not really fun Elizabeth." He muttered sadly. My brain clicked, remembering the older man on the album cover. Gordon Specter. That must be his...father? I nodded in understanding. "Harvey, you are human. Everyone go through something whether it's childhood or adulthood. The problem I had was I didn't really open up much to people when I was younger. Being thrown into show business it felt like I had to or I wouldn't have got far. But don't feel ashamed to open up to me. I'm not perfect. No matter how much money or nice houses I grew up in, my life wasn't perfect." I advised. He said nothing but sipped his glass. Silent treatment eh? I cleared my throat. "That album picture. The man with the saxophone. Excuse me if I may, he's your father right?" I asked softly. Harvey slowly nodded and motioned to the music. "His record I'm playing is his. He was a saxophone player. Really good one. I listened and watched him play for as long as I could remember. He loved my mother. Apparently she loved other people." He told me. I scoffed while rolling my eyes. "She was a cheater huh? Seeing other people behind his back?" I guessed. He nodded. "She made me keep it a secret for years. Because of what would've happened if he knew. She went right on embarrassing him. One day I told him and...." He trailed off huffing irritatedly. The whole time I felt upmost bad for him. Seriously? Who makes their child keep—it irritates me to imagine how he'd went through that. I sighed sadly. "I'm so sorry Harvey. You must've felt alone. You literally didn't deserve that. God, things like this upset me sometimes." I said, growling at the last part. He smiled and chuckled. "Glad you understand." He said. I leaned back and sighed deeply. "You're not the only one with family problems. My older brother was an alcoholic. He used to drink with his friends in high school. Steal some wine bottles our parents used to have or whatever. We both are the closest. I tried many times to help him...help him stay alive. Then at seventeen he went to rehab and they found out it was caused by depression so the rehab was also for mental health." I told him. Harvey smiled sadly. "Is he ok now?" He asked. I nodded and smiled warmly. "Sober for four years now." I said. A warm smile popped on his lips. "That's really great Elizabeth." He said. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered about. So far it seemed like the first time I've seen Harvey be human. I scoffed and smirked. "I've asked Mom if we'd throw a celebration for him getting better. She said 'oh leave him Liz! Let him enjoy on his own.' I'm like, ok we can take your youngest son on a cruise for his birthday but not a simple party to celebrate your son's soberness." I sassed, chuckling. He looked down and chuckled. I covered my mouth shyly. "God, now it's just bringing back memories. Some of when I sang around them with Maya." I mentioned. Harvey smiled until his phone buzzed. He pulled it out and cussed under his breath. "Case?" I guessed. He nodded. "More like a client. Excuse me." He spoke before getting up to leave.

During his call with a client, I kept staring at the piano. Oh man. Must be out of my mind. I got up and turned off the vinyl player. The memories replayed in my brain as I sat down. I cheered happily, readying myself before I sang.

The whole time I danced rhythmically and sung before swaying my hips. I hadn't realized Harvey stood watching in complete shock. The song ended and I sighed happily. "Are you a younger Mariah?" His voice blurted. I turned, seeing his smile. "No. I'm just blessed." I spoke proudly. He smiled flirtatiously. "Still friends are we?" He teased. I playfully rolled my eyes before attacking him for a hug. "Friend hug!" I said, smirking. Harvey rolled his eyes and hugged back. "This friend thing's already killing me." He spoke. We parted. I crossed my arms and smiled. "Oh get used to it H." I said. He raised an eyebrow. "H?" He asked. "Friends give each other nicknames." I said in an obvious tone. He nodded. "I like it." He said, smirking cockily. All I did was wink and sat down:

 All I did was wink and sat down: