I Don't Like Liars

A meeting with CM, seeing an old client, running into Tanner again filled up my 'insanity' trip with Harvey. He took the deal but still going to war for fraud. All this because of a damn memo. What I desperately need is a ride home. Apparently, it's now 6pm in the evening. Maya came in and smiled softly. "Hey. Haven't seen you all day. From what I was told, you were out with Harvey." She spoke. I finished gathering things in my bag and inhaled a deep breath tiredly. "Or really out today." She said, smiling sheepishly. I nodded. "Remember this Randall vs. CM case?" I asked. She nodded. "Everything ok now?" She asked. I nodded my head no. "Still coming at Harvey for fraud—I paused seeing her a bit shaken up. "Are you ok? What happened with you?" I asked worriedly. Maya shook her hands and cleared her throat. "No. I'm good. Just wobbly from these heels. I wanna turn in for the night too." She told me. Of course I didn't believe her one bit but I was too exhausted to interrogate anybody. My brain clicked. Harvey must still be here. Guess I'll just say goodnight even if he makes another flirt jab. "Taking my car or a cab?" I joked. She scoffed, wiggling her bag. "Mine. You can drive yourself back. Got everything?" She asked. I nodded, wrapping my bag around my shoulder. "Yeah. I'll go say goodnight to Harvey." I told her. She looked at me weirdly. "Odd. You saying goodnight to Gaston." She teased. I rolled my eyes and walked past her. She giggled. In his office, he was still there beside his desk. Obviously this day's been crappy. His door was opened so I walked in. Harvey sighed deeply. "Working late?" He asked. I ignored an incoming yawn. "No. Everything happened earlier was enough on my agenda." I told him. He nodded in agreement. "Welcome to the club." He said. I smiled softly and crossed my arms. "Don't look beat up. Bullets don't harm me remember?" I joked. He returned the gesture. "How do you know that quote?" He asked. I simply shrugged. "My youngest brother's team DC. He even dreamt of finding a batwoman." I said, raising an eyebrow. Harvey smirked. "I've had my batwoman." He teased. I scoffed and fake gasped. "You mean your batwomen?" I asked sarcastically. He smiled amusedly. "You know I'm not so womanizing like you usually think. There's a wingman, a wingwoman, Bonnie and Clyde." He said. I smiled sweetly. "I already have my Clyde and wingman." I said. Harvey rolled his eyes. "You mean the actor who's too busy to visit you?" He spoke irritatedly. I whipped my head toward him. "What did you say?" I low-key growled. He huffed. "Donna did some research—I cut him off. "Or you asked her to do research." I sassed. "He's a filming actor working on a show. Yeah I know. But he's in California and you're here. Well I know you lived there for years so you already know what happens in Hollywood." He continued. Is he assuming what I think he's assuming? I nodded in disagreement. "Nada. Not going there. William isn't no two-timer or three-timer. Hell even fourth-timer! I know him too well to be very loyal. He doesn't have a cheat bone in his body." I disagreed. Harvey scoffed, fake laughing. "You seriously buying all this bullshit? Dropping you flowers, a love note and sending emoji texts? If he cared about you that much, he would've made an effort to come." He spoke. I growled, shrugging. "That's because he is working! You'd think I have time to answer a sweet morning text because I'm busy stopping another firm attacking ours? You don't even know him Harvey. Stay the hell out of it." I growled. He hummed in response. "Thanks to Donna, I know him now. And I'm not staying the hell out of it because according to this 'friendship deal', friends actually care for each other. Like I do for Donna or Mike or Jessica." He said. I fake smiled and nodded. "So you accuse all their partners of being cheaters without fucking evidence?" I asked sarcastically. Harvey growled. "What the hell did you just say to me?" He asked angrily. "You heard me!" I growled through gritted teeth. He huffed and shrugged. "You know what? Go ahead. Believe what you wanna believe. Guess all this friendship effort was just bullshit as I thought. Cheating isn't difficult. It takes two to tangle." He growled. A moment of silence was present. His words did nothing but sting. I tried to inhale a deep breath and slowly nodded. "The worst part is having a friend who's a liar." I spoke a bit hoarsely before leaving his office.