Donna's Little Secret Part 1

BUZZ. BUZZ. BUZZ.

I jolted awake groggily and turned to see my phone buzzing on the nightstand. I grabbed it, wiping the sleep off my eyes. 6AM, Friday. I let out a yawn while rolling out of my bed. It took a mere second once I knew this wasn't my room and rubbed my hair knowing I slept at Harvey's. Twice. "Oh lord." I mumbled. My brain clicked. Work! I can't be late! I need to get home or Maya's infamous interrogation whenever I do things begin. Where's my jacket? Ugh, where is it? The smell of bacon and eggs entered my nose. I walked out to see Harvey in the kitchen. A plate of eggs was on the counter. He was flipping bacon strips on the stove. No doubt I felt my stomach rumbling hungrily. I never leave the house without having breakfast. But as I'm aware, Harvey usually arrives a little late. I take arriving on time serious but at the same time, I'd like a little me time before the chaos. I'm only his senior associate, not a senior partner. I turned around and walked normally to the bathroom. At least fix myself up before he could see my tired look. Wrapping my hair in a neat bun, I straightened my loungewear and splashed water on my face. I returned downstairs where he still was in the kitchen. This time sipping his coffee. I cleared my throat while shoving my hands in my pockets. "Morning." I spoke quietly. Harvey saw me and smirked. "Morning. I made you breakfast." He said. I sat down on the counter and sighed. Thoughts of last night reappeared in my brain. "Um...Harvey, I'm sorry about last night. William has been my—He cut me off. "You don't have to apologize Elizabeth. I should've never said those things anyway or interfered. It's just you can't really seem to forgive someone when they betray you or—I cut him off. "Hurt you? Lie to you? In fact making you fight for love until you're ready to give up?" I guessed matter of factly. He looked at me confusedly. I looked down and huffed. "William and I were best friends before we dated. One night, I discovered he was with someone else on Instagram. I confronted him, said his sorries and it turned into some Twilight story. He had to choose between me or her. Sometimes I'd win, being with him most of the time or seeking someone else to forget him. I would always know he is with her because they show their romantic shit online. Shit hit the fan between me and her. There was a time when I literally, literally lay her ass on a table..." I trailed off smiling and low snickering. Harvey chuckled. "What happened?" He asked interestedly. I scoffed, chuckling. "Just know I had the upper hand." I told him. He chuckled before sipping his coffee. "Of course we ended up being friends on and off. Now I feel like I'm in a point where I can't do this anymore. Women should not be in a position to fight for love. I got too much shit to do than battle some other woman to make him see I'm enough for him. Fucking waste of time." I said, muttering the last part. He nodded and handed me a fork. "You made the right choice. He can't drag you around like a puppy." He agreed. Gratefully, I sent a long breakup text last night. I really didn't want to discuss things with him. Just want to go because if he don't see me as his love then I'm done fighting period. I began eating and smirked. "Kudos to H for having my back. Donna too." I teased. He returned the gesture. "It was our pleasure." He spoke kindly. Redness heated my cheeks. "Have you always spent your sweet time before work? Come as you please?" I joked. Harvey smiled. "Prefer to arrive on my own time. Not like everyone else." He said. I nodded in understanding. "Same. I rather be in my covers and then get dressed later." I said, biting a bacon strip. He grabbed one and shrugged. "Though Jessica bites my head off." He mentioned. I smiled amusedly. "Can imagine." I mumbled. He playfully pinched my cheek. "What was that?" He asked. I tried to get them off but failed. "Harvey, let go." I quickly spoke. He hummed in response. "No I won't unless you tell me." He refused. He squeezed my cheek which brought a giggle. "Stop! Let go H! My cheek!" I told him smirking. Harvey playfully smirked. "I heard something you say. Better to tell instead of fighting me." He teased. I got off the chair and freed his fingers off me. I immediately ran off as he started chasing me. "Can't catch me, Gaston!" I yelled, laughing. He chased me around the room and managed to catch me swiftly. My eyes widened. "Now a special revenge for calling me Gaston instead of H." He teased, tossing me on the couch. My jaw dropped. "Oh no!" I panicked dramatically. His fingers touched my neck and underarms with a huge amount of tickling. I began laughing crazily. "Stop! Stop!" I laughed more. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up gently. "All better?" He asked, smiling. Butterflies flew insanely in my stomach. I calmed down from laughing and smiled warmly.