Truth Comes Out

I sat my bag on the couch beside me and rubbed my hair with both hands. Questions could fill my head over why I chose to be in Harvey's apartment than at the firm figuring how to keep Carter away from Paola's family. I already made a plan but it seems like it's going to shit. The sting sensation from my bottom lip bothered me and I'm reminded of the feeling of blood poured from my nose. That copper smell I couldn't un-smell. I took off my shoes and criss-crossed. I really hate this. If this doesn't work, I'll probably be stalked or Paola's mom will be in more danger. I covered half my face with one hand. Tears were threatening to escape. Maya was right. We're a team and I couldn't bring myself to tell what happened to anyone. However the look on Harvey's face made my stomach flutter of butterflies. He seemed worried. He didn't even ask questions. He wasn't angry after seeing the bruises. I inhaled a deep breath and blinked repeatedly to get rid of incoming tears. My phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my bag. My jaw dropped. Unknown number from California! Please let it be her. Please let it be Paola. "Hello?" I answered. That cheery voice made all the difference. "Lizzie! It's so good to see you! I missed you so much. My mom told me you and Maya are in New York. What's it like? Do you have your own house or an apartment together?" She beamed. I smiled happily and breathed a breath of relief. "It's all great! Missed you too P. There's something I need to ask. It's really important." I said. "Of course! What is it?" She asked. I mentally readied myself. Here it comes.

No one's POV
Elizabeth's bruised complexion and sudden disappearance was beginning to get everyone's attention. Mike walked in Harvey's office. He held a couple files regarding a case with Louis. Apparently, Rachel witnessed Elizabeth's bruises and asked if he knew what happened. "Harvey, any clue why Liz is gone?" He asked. The image of her bruised face returned to Harvey's mind. He wanted, no needed to know what happened. His worry slowly sank in without giving a reaction. "I sent her home." Is all he spoke. Mike stared at him suspiciously. "Why? Rachel said she had bruises on her face. Everybody seen them. What happened?" He asked. He leaned against his chair and looked at Donna. She seemed worried as much Mike was. His attention returned to him. "I don't know. She didn't say. I seen them too after she—He stopped seeing Maya at the doorway. The two of them including Donna turned to her. She inhaled a slight shaky breath. "Liz may kill me if I told you this. But I'll do it anyway cause she needs you whether she admits it or not." She said. Harvey instantly got up and inhaled a breath from incoming anger. "Tell me what?" He asked in a serious tone. Maya cleared her throat and sighed sadly. "It has something to do with the divorce case." She told him. "How do you know that?" Mike asked. Harvey waited patiently while preparing to confront Elizabeth over why she didn't tell him. "Mrs. Andino. We knew her—well Liz knew her. She's her best friend's mom. She didn't know this was her divorce till...." She trailed off seeing Harvey clenching his fists angrily. "Till what?" He spoke rather demandingly. Maya sighed deeply. "You both saw her. That story about her situation? Our parents offered them a place to stay after she helped them escape." She continued. Mike's eyes widened. "Then why she got bruises?" He asked. It didn't take long until Harvey stormed out of the office. "Donna, clear my schedule today." He spoke walking past her. She got up and watched him leave to go find Elizabeth. All they could do is hope there will be a plan to close the case.

******Nighttime******

Liz's POV
I smiled widely, ignoring the small sting from my lip. Yes, this is done! A recording of Paola's evidence, two pictures of my bruises, to my surprise Mrs. Andino sent me a camera video of Carter spitting so much profanity at her and throwing a glass cup toward her but she ducked. Basically all evidence to finalize the divorce and file a police report. I put the printed pictures in my folder while the rest was on my phone. Whoo! "Thank. You. God!" I whispered. I never thought I'd do this just as promised after Harvey and Donna saw the bruises. The door began unlatching, revealing the man himself. Now the truth must go. I smiled. "Harvey, nice apartment. You need to know something and you'll be glad to hear—He cut me off. "To hear what? To hear you lied to me?" He growled sarcastically. I was confused until my brain clicked. Maya must've told him. She knows I'll kill her later though. I huffed, rubbing my hair. "Look, I wasn't trying to lie. Yes I didn't want you to know—He cut me off. "Which means you lied to me!" He growled. My eyes widened. "I never lied to you!" I shouted. Harvey scoffed. "You just did earlier!" He said. I inhaled a deep breath. "This divorce case wasn't something I was familiar with. It's the abusive marriage involving my friend's mother. Nobody knew except our parents and Maya. I had no idea it was true until I saw her after a long while. She explained the exact story I told Rachel. It's true. I've worked all day to find a solution and coming to my car her husband assaulted me. He saw me before I took them to my parents's. All he wants is the money. He tried to get Paola's and now he wants the firm's." I explained. "Well I don't care if you got a solution! You don't keep it from me now!" He growled. I scoffed, fake laughing. "What was I supposed to do? Run to you like a damsel in distress and don't expect he'll follow? I know I should've told you but at the moment I didn't know what to do. I had to think things through. If she doesn't divorce him, she'll be in more danger." I defended. That made Harvey's expression change. "What do you mean?" He asked calmly. I sighed. "I've printed pictures of where he hit me, contacted Paola for more evidence and recorded her words and Mrs. Andino sent a camera video of his violent ass." I told him. He hummed in response. "So, you've been looking for evidence to put him in jail while I sat in my office thinking what the hell happened to you?" He growled. I groaned and facepalmed. "Harvey, I'm sorry. Ok? I'm seriously sorry. Nobody wants this shit to end much as me. But there's a plan. This is enough to file a police report and get a better settlement for Mrs. Andino. I didn't want you all to worry too much. Besides I smacked him with my bag and gave him a dick kick." I said, shrugging. He let out a long breath before walking up to me. I got off the couch. Moments of silence were present. "You sent me here. Worried about me?" I asked shyly. He slowly nodded. "I thought something bad happened." He muttered. An incoming tear fell down my cheek.

"It's funny how you hear these things

"It's funny how you hear these things. Men hitting women or raping them. You wouldn't understand unless you at least felt it." I cried. Harvey's hand caressed my hair softly. We made eye contact for a minute. Butterflies rattled my stomach. We stepped closer where our noses could touch. Our hands were unknowingly intertwining.

Until I suddenly parted from him

Until I suddenly parted from him. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I quickly said. He nodded his head no. "No, it's fine." He assured. I smiled sadly. "I have a boyfriend." I told him. Harvey looked at me for a moment before nodding in agreement. "Yeah. I'm sorry too. But you can't go out all by yourself. Especially after what happened." He said. I raised an eyebrow in disbelief. He simply shrugged and smirked. "Just for one night." He said. Honestly, this week's already nuts. Sleeping at Gaston's would only be like a hotel. Nothing more. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Since this is an apartment, I'll need dinner and a bed to sleep—I paused fake gasping. "There it is." I said, referring to the couch. Harvey smirked. I smiled teasingly. "Guess your bed invite went wrong. I'd like Chinese noodles and a bottle of Sprite please." I spoke. He lightly chuckled. "Make yourself at home." He joked.