Perfect

Arriving home before eleven felt nice. Maya made it back around 11:50. I just hope Harvey went home instead of gambling all night long. 'You're perfect.' 'Are you even real?' echoed through my brain. I smiled to myself and low-key giggled. That was truly sweet. "Why are you giggling?" Maya asked. I snapped out of it and realized I was scrolling through our selfies from last night. Most of them had Rachel and Beau. Louis kind of photobombed some. "Looking at pictures I guess." I told her before exiting the app. She stared at me for a minute. "A cab picked you up?" She asked. I looked up and raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked confusedly. "Did a cab pick you up?" She repeated. Thoughts returned to Harvey. 'You're perfect.' echoed through my brain again. I mentally smiled. "Yeah. I got home safely." I lied. Maya nodded. "Good. Nothing else happened?" She asked. The question made my hands a bit sweaty. "No." I quickly spoke. She hummed in response and turned back to the TV. I mentally breathed a breath of relief. Too close. The worse could happen if she saw the nervousness in my eyes. I grabbed my phone and pretended to stare at the screen. "Have any plans today?" She asked. My brain clicked. I instantly looked up while hopping off the couch. "Yes! I do! I'll be back! Take care!" I said before rushing upstairs. It's only 11:30pm in the afternoon so I still had time. I got dressed into this:

I applied makeup and sprayed my perfume

I applied makeup and sprayed my perfume. I put my phone, keys and charger in my bag while walking downstairs. Apparently, Maya caught up to the door. "When you'll be back?" She immediately asked. Gosh, she's worse than Mom and Dad. Only JJ would cover for me perfectly like I done with him before. I sighed annoyedly. "You're not Mom you know?" I asked. She smiled innocently. "True but it sets me at ease knowing you're safe and not attacked by a psycho of a married lady." She said sarcastically. I mentally groaned. "Between five and six-ish." I told her. Maya nodded, stepping aside so I could open the door. I honked my car and got in to start the engine and drove off.

As I went up to his door, I knocked twice. He opened, showing his casual wear. Butterflies rose up in my stomach and my knees felt weak. Oh lord me. He looked absolute—manly. So different from the suit Harvey anybody sees. His eyes widened as he let out a breath. "What?" I asked, smirking. A kind smile popped from his lips. "Nothing." He spoke. My cheeks heated crazily. "So, how about a cafe? Grab lunch?" I suggested. Harvey nodded and closed the door. "We're taking my car this time." I told him. He smirked. "You?" He asked. I scoffed, raising an eyebrow. "If you're about to say I'll drive you must be out of your mind." I sassed. He shrugged. "It's what a gentleman does. You should see me behind the wheel." He bragged. I playfully rolled my eyes and snickered. "Now you think you're Dom Toretto? Well, I am Letty when I drive." I bragged, swinging my keys. He smiled teasingly. "You do know they're a couple right?" He asked. "Ignore the question." I quickly said and left. Harvey chuckled while following behind.

While driving, moments of silence were heard. At times it'd be peaceful but in the car I always want the need to play music. "Your favorite car is a Rolls Royce?" He asked. I cleared my throat. "Yeah. My favorites are probably Ferrari, Skyline and this. Never could guess my sixteenth birthday car." I told him. Harvey hummed. "Skyline?" He playfully guessed. I nodded my head no. "Ferrari. You probably had one of those huh?" I teased. He inhaled a deep breath. "Never had those. I grew up less with no Ferraris." He told me. Maybe this could be the conversation to pass the time. "You were broke and handsome?" I joked. He smiled arrogantly. "Yup." He answered. I snickered cause it's actually lyrics from Nicki Minaj. "Have any brothers and sisters?" I asked. He nodded. "My brother Marcus. No sister." He told me. I smiled innocently while turning the wheel. "What would you do if you had one?" I asked. Harvey simply shrugged. "Do what all brothers do. Protect her and annoy her." He said. A chuckle popped from my lips. "My exact life with three sisters. But spending time with brothers is more fun. Pranks, water guns, sneakers, video games." I agreed. He raised an eyebrow weirdly. "How old are they?" He asked. I playfully rolled my eyes. "What does it matter?" I asked. "I'm curious because these are things twelve-year old boys do." He told me. I scoffed and smirked. "Even men play Call of Duty H or do pranks. Donna told me you're a prankster." I said. Harvey looked down sadly. Oh man, why did I say that? I sighed sadly. "I'm sorry. So sorry. I'm bummed about her being gone too." I apologized. A moment of silence went past until his hand reached mine. We made eye contact. I smiled softly. He returned the gesture. Butterflies erupted through me. I turned my attention to the road but somehow felt an urge to see his brown orbs. Wow. "Elizabeth, someday you'll be mine. I know it." He promised while smirking. I found a parking space and unbuckled my seatbelt. "You can't claim something without earning it." I teased. We got out the car. Harvey smiled confidently. "Game on." He spoke. I huffed. "Enough game talk! I'm hungry!" I whined. He smirked. "You're cute when you whine." He flirted. "Oh god." I muttered as we entered the cafe.