when lightning strikes ~ colby

Requested by: colbybrockskid

I lay in my bed as rain pours from the sky attacking my window. I don't mind the rain I'm just scared it'll turn into more. Storms have scared me ever since I was a little kid. I don't like the loud roars of thunder and lightning can kill.

I'm just lying in bed scrolling on my phone till a huge roar of thunder hits. I jump and immediately tense up. As if on cue I hear footsteps running up the stairs and someone opens the door. I look up and am immediately comforted by the sweet blue eyes of my boyfriend Colby "You ok?" He asks as I shake my head no as tears fill my eyes.

He comes over and crawls into bed with me and I practically attach myself to him. It's always been this way even before we were dating. I've been best friends with him and a boy named Sam since highschool. They would always come over if there was a storm and hold me untill it passed. "your ok" he says comforting me. "Your safe." The thunder booms outside again accompanied by the crack of lightning.

I start to shake and he knows I'm panicking. "I got you, your so so safe." He lifts my chin to wipe my tears before kissing me on the forehead. "Do you want to know something to help make this pass faster?" I nod.

"Everytime lightning strikes start counting. Then how ever many you count before the thunder comes that's how many miles away it is..and it gets longer Everytime"

As if on cue lightning strikes and he starts counting. "1....2...3...4..." Thunder. "Look baby it's already 4 miles away" a few minutes later lightning strikes again and I count quitley. "1...2...3...4...5..6" thunder. "see now it's 6. Your gonna be ok"

I burry myself deeper into him. "It's late, try and get some sleep alright? I won't let you go" I nod. "I love you" he says before giving me a quick kiss. "I love you more".  I listen to the sound of his heart beating while he hums the same song him and Sam would in highschool. Me! By Taylor swift. It's just such a random song and make us laugh. It helps distract us whenever anyone of us is anxious.

I'm asleep till I'm awoken by a loud siren going off. Tornado sirens. I practically shake Colby awake with tears starting to fall. "Fuck...ok we're ok let's just get downstairs. Grab your phone and whatever else you need. Quickly" I grab my phone and the teddy bear sitting on my shelf. I got it when I was born and if a tornado does happen Its the only thing I can't replace. I stand frozen with my bear and he leads me into the hallway as the lights start to flicker and more tears fall. Sam's coming into the hallway as well and Colby hands me off to him. "get her to the basement. I'm gonna grab some supplies" "no Colby" "yes baby go with Sam I'll be ok and be down there so soon.

Sam takes my hand and takes me to the basement sitting on the carpeted floor. I sit there knees up to my chest untill a huge clap of thunder happens at the same time the lighting strikes and the room goes into complete darkness witch is the last straw. I start sobbing and I feel Sam take me into his arms. "I got you....your safe..." He starts to hum me and it distracts me enough. Colby comes running down the stairs. "You two ok?" He asks and Sam nods before pointing at me sobbing.

Colby drops whatever he brought down and quickly lights some candles. He sits by me and takes me from Sam and positions me in his lap so he can hug me. "Shhh...shhh" he comforts me. I sit there with Colby playing with my hair as he talks to Sam quitley. "Yeah man ....it hit Santa Monica ..that's not far" I grip onto Colby tighter. "Hey your ok" he rubs my back while Sam reaches over and runs a hand thru my hair. Eventually my eyes get tired from crying and I start to fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning still on colbys chest but in his bed. The sunlight is coming through the curtains. He must have felt me move because he lazily kisses my cheek. "Good morning sunshine" "good morning...thanks for taking care of me last night I know it's kinda stupid." " it's not stupid. I'm afraid of spiders and you don't think that's stupid right?" "No I guess not it's just funny to watch you freak out." "Exactly. You love me so you'll kill it for me and I love you so I'm gonna protect you from the storm." "I love you so so much" "I love you too beautiful now I'm going back sleep because some of us were up all night." I giggle and lay back down on him as I feel him tighten his grip around me and fall back asleep.

A/n: OMG WAIT STOP I LOVE THIS SM. TYSM FOR REQUSTING! GUYS PLEASE KEEP LEAVING REQUESTS I LOVE DOING THEM.

Also I wanna make a story called Christmas in Kansas but idk if I want it to be sam or Colby or make one for each so please comment and help a girl out. Also feel free to leave some suggestions for those

LOVE YOUUU

Also THANK YOU FOR 8K READS?! WHAT?! IDK WHY SO MANY OF U ARE READING I DONT THINK THIS IS THE BEST SNC IMAGINE BOOK AT ALL BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH