scared of fireworks ~ sam

Y/n pov:

I pull my shorts up over my bikini bottoms and look at myself in the mirror. Im wearing a red/blue/white bikini (u pick ur color babes) and black jean shorts. It's the fourth of July and the trapboys are throwing a party. I'd be lieing if I said I was excited. I hate the fourth of July. 

When I was little about 4 or 5 I was at a 4th of July party with my family. Everyone's dad's got drunk and decided to light fireworks. The only other memory I have from that night are flashing lights and loud bangs as the fireworks only shoot up about 2 feet and burning me. I still have the scar on my arm.

I'm taken out of my thoughts as I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a kiss on my cheek. "Hey pretty girl" Sam says. "Hi love" Sam knows about the trauma and has always been very kind and sweet about it.

"You ready?" "Yeah just...promise you'll take me out before they do fireworks" "I promise" Brennan is bringing fireworks tonight and he knows how to do them properly but still. We go downstairs and outside to the pool where all 4 of the trapboys are along with Tara,kat,Devyn,Brennan,aria,Reggie,aryia and a bunch of other people.

We all get in the pool and start drinking, splashing around, playing chicken and stuff. Me and Sam won every game. Once we win our last time he throws me down like a cheerleader and turns me to him. "That's my girl!" He exclaims before kissing me. "I love you" "I love you t-" I start before Colby shoots me in the head with a water gun. "OH IT'S ON BROCK!" he screams and trys to run but I jump on his back and take the gun laughing.

After a bit we all get out and Sam grills up some hamburgers and hot dogs. "Thanks dad!" Everyone says while they grab there food since Sam is like the dad of the group. I kiss his cheek and grab mine. "Thanks daddy" I whisper and giggle at myself bc ew. "Wanna take a little trip to the poolhouse?" He smirks kissing me. "nice try buddy" I playfully roll my eyes.

It starts to get dark and I get more and more nervous about the fireworks starting. Around 9 I go up to Sam who's playing beer pong. "Sam it's getting dark can we go inside" "Im a little bit ok baby?" "But Sam-" "your ok I promise just Let me finish this round then we can go in" I nod and go lay down in a chair too anxious to talk to anyone.

Part of me wants to go inside but the other part of me is feeling stupid for it. It's just fireworks how am I scared of that? But then I'm taken out of my thoughts by a big boom. My eyes close and my hands fly to my ears and I start to shake. I can almost feel the burning on my scar. I'm stuck and I can't move until I feel someone lift me up and run with me inside.

Sam pov:

The round of pong Is almost over. It's only 9 I'm sure they won't do fireworks till much later. I go to throw my ball and that's when I hear it. Shit...

I drop the ball and run out into the open space into the party but I can't see her. Colby comes running up to me. "Dude where's y/n?" He knows ab her trauma too and has taken care of her at events that I'm not at. I shake my head. "split up" he says and we go running asking people if they've seen her. The fireworks keep booming and with every new pop I know she's slipping further. "SAM OVER HERE!" I hear Colby scream. I run over and see her curled up shaking with her hands over her ears and her eyes closed but I can still see some tears falling down her face.

I pick her up and run with her inside taking her to the basement and sitting on the couch cradling her in my arms holding her to my chest. I put a blanket over us.

"Your safe ....your inside...i got you" I say but the sound of the fireworks is still slightly there so I do the only other thing I can think of. "I walk through the door with you the air was cold, but something about it felt like home somehow.."

Yeah. I'm singing a 10 minute Taylor swift song. Give her something else to focus on. It's quiet but it's enough for her as I notice she stops shaking and is hiding her face into my chest.

Twords the end Colby comes in and mouths "is she ok?" I give him a worried look That's when he notices my singing. He comes and sits by me running a hand over her hair and joining me in the last few words of the song "down the stairs you were there, you remeber it all...it was rare I was there I remember it all too well..." He places a kiss on her head and walks out leaving us.

She looks up at me with glassy eyes. "I'm so sorry y/n...I should have taken you inside when you asked. This was my fault. Your safe now ok? I love you so much"

"I love you too" she says quitley. I get up and go into the laundry room throwing on a pair of sweats with no shirt and grabbing one of my hoodies and shorts for her. I help her change out of her wet bathing suit and into the dry clothes and lay her back on my chest. I grab the remote and turn on tangled...her favorite. I feel her tugging on my hoodie so I look down.

"Yeah?" "Ice cream.." she says quitley and I smile. "I'll go get you some" I get up and come back with a bowl of strawberry with rainbow sprinkles for her and chocolate for me. We eat and then she lays back on my chest. I kiss her forehead as I feel her body start to get heavier and fall asleep.

"Goodnight beautiful...I love you"

A/n: ok wait I actually rly like this one. It was really cute. This was a request! Pls pls pls drop whatever else you guys wanna see! Love you guys!! ❤️