the sun can't rain ~ sam

Beep beep beep

My alarm goes off and I get out of bed. Just your average Tuesday. I put on a lacy white tank top and black shorts. I do my makeup and curl my hair. It's gonna be a great day.

I hear my boyfriend Sam unlock the door to my door room and come inside. "I'm here!" He yells "I'm not!" I yell back at him like I do every morning. He comes in and wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek.
"Good morning sunshine" "good morning Sammy" I giggle.

He takes my hand and spins me under his arms. "Looking absolutely gorgeous as always" "thank you" I giggle and kiss him.

I'm Sam's sunshine. He's never seen me upset. I'm very bubbly and full of life and energy.

"You ready to go? I thought we could get some coffee before class today" "yea I am I just need shoes and to pack my bag"

I throw on my Converse and grab my backpack ready to go. Sam takes my hand and we go off to coffee then class.

                                 ~

Lunchtime. Sam is staying in to work on a project so I head to the garden by myself. I see a group of my friends. But then I see them all whispering and laughing and then they run off. Oh...I guess they have somewhere to be.

I sit and open my Snapchat and see a story of all my other friends out at lunch. Oh.
This always happens. I try to be really nice to people but it's never enough. I try not to let it bother me but today it does. And I feel a rain could go over my head.

Sam pov:

I walk into econ and to my normal seat but y/n's not there....weird but I'm sure she just lost track of time. That happens a lot.

5 minutes....

10 minutes....

25 minutes....

45 minutes....

A hour.....

Where is she? It's not like her not to show up. I pull out my phone and text her.

Sammy 💛: hey sunshine where are you?
                                                          12:37 pm
Sammy 💛: sunshine?
                            12:48
Sammy 💛: baby please awnser me I'm worried about you
                            1:10pm
Sammy 💛: if u don't awnser I'm going to your dorm and if your not there I'm sending people to help find you.
                                               1:27 pm
Sammy 💛: I'm on my way princess. I love you.
    1:30 pm

Ok. fuck...

Class gets out and I sprint to her dorm letting myself in. "Princess?" I yell out.

I keep walking down the hallway to her bed room. I put my hand on the door handle about to barge in but then I hear sniffiling.

Is she crying...oh no. I've never seen her cry. I knock. "Princess?" "Can I come in?"

"Yeah.." she says with such a sad voice. I open the door and slowly walk in and the sight in front of me breaks my heart. The love of my life laying in one of my hoodies crying her eyes out.

Y/n pov:

"Oh baby.."
Sam walks in and wraps his arms around me.
I wanna stop crying i do but I can't. I just cry into him.

"Shhh I'm here baby...I'm here..I got you"
After 20 minutes I start to calm down.
"What happend?" He asks and I just shake my head. "Baby c'mon I know something happend" "I can't tell you" "why not?" "It's not your problem."

His face falls. "Hey your problems are my problems just like how my problems are your problems. We're a team ok? Tell me what happened"

"But...Sam that's not who I am. I'm little miss sunshine I'm nice and happy and I take on everyones problems with a smile. I'm not supposed to cry. I come last"

He grabs my face and forces me to look at him. His voice getting low and stern.

"Hey. I don't want to ever hear you say that again. You are always gonna be my sunshine even if you never smile again. Everyone else's happiness is not your responsibility. You come first. You are allowed to cry and feel thins and ask for help and if u don't feel comfortable enough doing that then I've failed you as a boyfriend"

"I do trust you it's just...hard" "I understand that baby but let me be there for you ok? What made you I upset today" "all my friends ran from me and hung out without me" "Jesus again..." He mutters. "Look those aren't your friends. There stupid people who don't appreciate you for you. You know who your real friends are don't u honey?" I nod

"Ok good...and I need u to promise me you won't run away from me or your emotions next time. And if it's hard to tell me all u need to do is say "I need you" and I'll understand. Can u do that for me sweetheart?" I nod

"Good I love you. Let me take care of you tonight" "I love you too" and for the rest of the night we watch movies and talk abiut my feeling untill i eventually fall asleep on him.

He kisses my forehead and whispers softly "goodnight sunshine"

A/n: this was a request! Ok so I've been obsessed with the sunshine character getting hurt trope lately so get ready for that. Please as always leave requests. I LOVE U ALL SM ❤️