Struggle | 026

WRONG NUMBER
- Billie -

(possible tw: slight mention of suicide and depression)

(quite a lot of smut too 💀)

"Do you think robots will take over the world and take us all out?"

"Billie, it's 8 in the morning. What the fuck are you talking about?" Isaiah rolls his eyes, shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"What? It's just a question." I shrug my shoulders. "Go bother Nevaeh with your questions." He sighs. "I'm jet lagged and couldn't sleep and my baby is still sleeping, so I'm not waking her up." I tell him.

"Never refer to her as 'my baby' ever again." He grimaces. "That's what she is though!" I put my hands up in defense. "Yeah, okay." He laughs. "I miss my girl. She takes forever to wake up." I sigh. "Tell me about it. I'll walk into her room, like, 30 minutes before we have to leave for work and she'll still be asleep." He grumbles.

"When I'm back in California, even I'll be up before her and you guys are 3 hours ahead of me." I chuckle.

I'm pretty sure Vaeh's favorite activity is sleeping.

"That definitely says something." He laughs and I nod my head in agreement. "She's been a lot happier lately because of you. You make her feel a lot better."

"I do?" I ask. "You do." He nods, confirming it. "Alright, don't tell her I told you this, but about a month before you guys met, Nevaeh was in the psych ward for about a week because she.. you know." He sighs.

My heart just broke.

"Did she try to..." I can't even bring myself to finish the rest of my sentence. "Yeah. Vae would be so mad if she knew I told you, so please don't say anything. But the point is, her depression has been so much better because of you. I've never seen Nevaeh smile so much before and it's all because of you." Isaiah tells me with a smile.

"I'm so happy she's here. I don't know what I'd do without her." I sigh sadly. "Me either. She's my best friend and practically my sister." He says.

"I would have to force her to take her antidepressants most days because she wouldn't be able to do it or she said she didn't want to get better, you know how depression is," He explains and I nod. "But I think you're honestly her motivation to get up and keep going everyday."

A small smile grows on my face, knowing that I can do this for her.

"Just don't say anything, okay?" He says. "I won't, I promise." I tell him truthfully.

My poor baby has been through so much.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

I pair of arms snake around my waist, making me jump. "It's just me, sweetheart." I hear my favorite voice behind me and I turn around. "Hi, my sweet girl." I smile and kiss Nevaeh, hugging her tightly.

I hold her extra longer, not letting her go and she laughs. "What's with this greeting? Not that I'm complaining, but you normally just give me a quick hug or kiss." Nevaeh chuckles.

I'm gonna be extra clingy now because of what Isaiah told me.

"No reason. I just love you." I shrug my shoulders. "I love you, baby." She smiles. "How'd you sleep?" I ask her as I sit down on the couch. "Good." She says, sitting on my lap. She straddles me and I gently rub her hips. "Hi, baby." I whisper. "Hi." She whispers back.