Safe | 045

WRONG NUMBER
- Billie -
Continued...

I'm praying Nevaeh's okay. It's been 2 hours and we've still heard nothing.

What if she's hurt?

What if she got hit by a car?

What if she's de-

"Bil? Are you alright?" Isaiah asks. "Zay, I'm so fucking scared." I tell him. "I know, so am I." He agrees. "I'm gonna go out and look for her again."

"Can I come?" I ask. "I think you should stay here. You're stressed out and I don't want you worrying too much if we don't find her." Isaiah shakes his head. "Fine." I sigh in defeat.

"I'll try and be back soon." He says. "Okay." I nod. "Be safe."

"I will." He waves and walks out of the apartment, shutting the door behind him.

Sunny comes over to the couch and lays her head down in the lap. "Hi, baby."

She starts to whine and make crying sounds and I sigh. "I know you miss Mommy. I miss her too."

I miss her more than anything.

I really really hope that when Isaiah comes back, Nevaeh's with him.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

The front door opens over an hour later and I jump up, hoping that Nevaeh's there, but when Isaiah walks in alone, I feel my heart sink.

"Anything?" I ask quietly. He sighs and shakes his head. I start to cry and he wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. "She's dead, Isaiah."

"Billie, don't think that. You don't know that." Isaiah says. "We can't find her, she won't text either of us and no one's seen her!" I exclaim. "Did she just fucking disappear off the face of the Earth?"

"Bil, she's alive, I know she is." He tells me. "She just ran because she's scared and doesn't wanna go. She's okay, I promise."

"I, uhm.." I sniffle and wipe my tears. "I'm gonna go to sleep."

"We'll go out and look again tomorrow, okay? Get some rest." Isaiah suggests. "I will." I nod sadly. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, B."

I walk into Vae's room and shut the door behind me. I change into some new clothes and get into bed. I don't know how I'm going to sleep knowing that my girlfriend is out there, alone. Not to mention, it's super cold in Jersey.

I'm so worried about her.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

"Bil, Billie, wake up."

I feel someone shaking me awake and I sit up in bed and see that it's Zay. "What?" I groan. "I was sleeping peacefully and y-"

"She's safe."

"Vae?" I ask. "One of her old friends, Alexis called me and said she's been at her house. She was dirty and cold and looked like she'd been crying." Isaiah tells me. "But she has her there and she's asleep."