Goodbye | 020

WRONG NUMBER
- Nevaeh -

"Vae, I promise it's going to be okay." Isaiah tells me as he hugs me. Billie's still asleep right now and I didn't sleep much last night, so I've been in Isaiah's room, crying because I don't want her to leave.

"I just really like her, Zay." I sniffle. "I'm gonna miss her so much." I say. "I know you are, but you will see her again. I promise you that." He says.

Billie comes in the room and I quickly wipe my eyes. "Vae, do y- baby, what's wrong?" She frowns and comes over to hug me. "I'm fine." I shake my head. "Angel, don't lie to me. Nevaeh, I know you're sad about me leaving, but I'm still gonna talk to you every single day and I'm gonna visit as soon as I can." She kisses the top of my head as she holds me.

"I know." I nod. "What if I brought you to California for your birthday, Vae?" Isaiah asks. "My birthday isn't until March." I roll my eyes. "You can't wait 4 months?" He laughs. "No, she's clingy, but then she's mean when she f-"

I quickly cover Billie's mouth and give her a look. "Thank fucking God I wasn't here the other night. I don't even wanna know what happened." Isaiah grimaces. "Oh, I got it really h-"

"Okay, I'm seriously scared with how comfortable you are telling my best friend about this." I tell Billie "Yeah, let's be done with that now." Zay says. "Agreed." I nod my head. "Aw, are you sure you don't want to hear more?" Billie frowns. "Yes, very." Isaiah glares at her.

"Alright, anyways, are you all packed, baby?" I ask Billie. "Yup." She nods. "What time is it?" I ask Zay since he says he has a watch on.

"6:30." He tells me. Billie's flight is at 8 and the airport is a little under an hour away, so we should probably leave soon. "Oh, we should get going then." Billie says. Isaiah and I both nod. "Okay, let's get dressed so we can leave." Zay says. Billie and I go back to my room while Isaiah stays in his.

"Bil, take one of my hoodies. I have one of yours and then you'll have one of mine." I smile. "Alright, baby." She laughs softly. She goes in my closet and picks a hoodie out to wear. We both get changed and ready to go to the airport. Once we're ready, we go out of my room and get our shoes on. "You girls good to go?" Isaiah asks as he comes out of his room. "Yup." We say in unison. Billie grabs her suitcase and rolls it to the front door. She walks back to the living room and bends down to pet Sunny. "Bye, Sunny girl." She coos at her. "I'll see you again, baby." She tells her.

"Billie, baby, we gotta go." I say. "I know." Billie frowns. "You driving or me?" I ask Isaiah. "I'll drive so you guys can spend the ride together." He smiles. "Thanks, Zay." I smile and hug him.

The three of us head to the elevator since Billie has her suitcase so we can't take the stairs and we go down to the parking lot. Billie and I get in the back and Isaiah gets in the drivers seat. He starts driving and I lay my head on Billie's shoulder. "Bil, I got a question." I say to her. "What is it, mama?" She asks. "Who can I tell about our relationship? Like.. do we have to be a secret?" I ask. "No, baby, not at all. We don't have to be like "Hey, we're dating" and post it or whatever, we can just post stuff and if people find out, they find out." She shrugs. "Are you sure?" I say. "Positive, baby." She smiles. I nod and place a kiss on her neck.

She wraps her arms around me and pulls me closer to her. "I really don't want to leave you, Vaeh." She sighs. "I don't want you to leave either, B." I frown. "I promise you, the second I can, I'm booking a flight to New Jersey." She gives me a small smile. "Yeah?" I say. "Mhm." She grins.

I kiss her softly and she places her hand on my cheek to pull me even closer to her. "Y'all can kiss and whatever, but please don't fuck in the back of my car." Isaiah says from the front seat. "We weren't planning on it, kid." I roll my eyes. "We weren't?" Billie asks and I punch her arm lightly, making her giggle. "Shut up." I laugh. "Ugh, I hate couples." Isaiah gags. "Couldn't relate." I shrug. "Get out of the car so I can run you over." He says. "No, I'm good back here with my girlfriend." I smirk. "Nevaeh, don't make pull this car over to come back there and rock your shit." He grumbles. "Don't get your panties in a bunch, dude, relax." I chuckle.

"I don't wear panties!" He groans. "Really? I swore I saw you in a thong last week!" I say sarcastically. "Yeah, it was actually bedazzled." He jokes. "Damn, where can I get me one of those?" I ask jokingly. "Oh yeah, I'd love to know so I can take it off of her!" Billie adds. "You need a muzzle." I say. "Kinky." She smirks. "Yup, this is why you need one." I sigh. "I'm just a very expressive person, angel." She shrugs. "Yeah, very expressive when you're alone with Nevaeh. Those walls are paper thin, my friend." Isaiah huffs. Billie's face turns red and she looks at me with widened eyes, causing me to laugh.

"Don't worry, baby, you're not that loud." I lie. "Why are you gaslighting her, Vae?" Isaiah says. "You don't even know what that word means." I roll my eyes. "Yes, I do." He argues. "Alright, tell me, Mr. I failed kindergarten." I chuckle. "Kindergarten? Even I know that shit's fucking easy and I was homeschooled!" Billie exclaims. "It was a rough year, okay? Give me a fucking break!" Isaiah huffs. "Yeah, okay. Rough year my ass." I laugh. "Nevaeh, I literally hate you." He groans. "Alright, but you'll be telling me you love me before you go to bed, tonight, like you always do." I shrug.

"Fair." He sighs. "Exactly." I giggle.

I think I'm honestly just distracting myself from the fact that my girlfriend is gonna be far away from me within an hour.

I'm so fucking nervous for this.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

We get to the airport and Isaiah parks his car. We get out and Billie grabs her suitcase from the trunk. "Oh, shit, do you need a-"

Billie cuts me off by showing me her sunglasses as she puts up her hood. I was gonna ask if she needed something to hide herself so no paparazzi finds her, although I'm not sure where a ton of paparazzi are in New Jersey. I nod and the three of us go inside. Isaiah and I go through TSA and all that shit with Billie and she gets to her gate where her flight is boarding in 5 minutes.

I think it's finally hitting me that this is actually happening right now.

We sit with Billie for a few until "Flight 320 boarding now" goes over the loudspeaker. Billie looks at me with sad eyes and I frown.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, angel." She hugs me tightly. "I'm gonna miss you even more." I say. "Text me as soon as you land?" I ask. "Of course." She nods. "Be safe, baby." I kiss her quickly and she hugs me once more. "I will." She says. She quickly hugs Isaiah as well and blows me a kiss. "I'll call you later, angel." She tells me as she starts walking away. "Okay." I say.

She waves and walks away. I stand there watching her figure get smaller and smaller until she's completely out of sight. Isaiah comes up and hugs me. A few tears fall down my face and he rubs my back. "It's okay, it's okay." He says. "I miss her already." I sniffle. "I know, Vae, but I promise you're gonna see her again." He tells me and I nod.

He slings his arm around my shoulder, keeping me close to him as we walk back outside to the car. I get in the passenger seat this time and Isaiah starts driving us back home. "You okay?" He asks. "I'll be fine." I give him a small smile. "Yeah, you will." He smiles and turns back to look at the road.

I know I'll see her again, I just wish she wasn't so far away. Long distance sucks, but I know we can make it work. I'm just gonna miss her so much.

I hope this time goes by fast till I see her again.

a/n 🤍

the way see you again came on while i finished writing this is wild LMAO